Home
Selling off some unused guns to fund the purchase of a drilling, cape rifle or combo gun. Can anyone recommend some books that detail the history, comparative info between makers, etc? Basically anything that I can use for reference to learn more about these guns and assist in making a good choice in what to look for vs what to avoid.

Thanks
This is a popular one. It's obviously computer translated with some funny syntax, but it is informative,

https://www.amazon.com/Drilling-Gun-Technology-Universal-Schiffer/dp/0764327496
I have that book by Klups and another Schiffer book on double rifles. They are some good books for quantifying the nature of drillings with good and lesser qualities described within. You might be able to decide what you want to buy after reading. But what I want and what I can buy are two different things. Good reading to you. Be Well, RZ.
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
I have that book by Klups and another Schiffer book on double rifles. They are some good books for quantifying the nature of drillings with good and lesser qualities described within. You might be able to decide what you want to buy after reading. But what I want and what I can buy are two different things. Good reading to you. Be Well, RZ.

That is interesting book to read. I knew they made actions from steel, Dural/Ergal. I actually learned something from that book and that is they made some actions from plated brass and or bell metal. I did not know that fact before.
© 24hourcampfire