Home
I recently acquired a Tikka over under 20ga 3inch chamber over 222 rem. It has no import marts only Tikka proof stamps with no model number. The 3 inch chamber is factory as it is marked 20/76mm. I have a Tikka/Ithica LSA-55 combo 12ga over 222 rem that is its twin but has Ithica import markings. Doing research I can find only that it was a very short production no numbers of production, year of production or value. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Where did you buy it?

If Simson there is an import mark.

In good condition the estimated valve is $750-$800.
I picked it up at a gunshow. I am pretty sure it was made in the 70's i have never seen one that was 20ga over 222. The 12ga over 222 are going for around 1300 to 1500 at shows here in WV and i have seen them as high as 1750. I am really looking more for info on the 20ga over 222 exactly when it was made and how long exactly it was made. There's just not a lot of info on the 20ga. I appreciate the post
WOW!! $1,300-$1,750??

That's double what I pay for them. The 20gauge is uncommon, but there are few if any collectors of the hammer versions, and 20s garner little if any premium from what few I've seen (2 of them).

https://simpsonltd.com/tikka-m77-z49358/
https://simpsonltd.com/tikka-m70-z45406/

These are better guns IMO, and this one comes with the Valmet mount, which sells for $250.00 on up.
https://simpsonltd.com/valmet-412-z49370/

That Tikka you have is an Excellent gun. They are spooky accurate! I well understand why you like it.

cool cool
I really appreciate the links and info. I agree they are awesome guns was just looking for some info on the 20ga but sounds like there is not a lot out there. Thanks again for your help
I have 2 Tikka 12-70/222 and a 20-76/222, one of my 12ga. still has the hanging tag on it, dated 05/03/68. The 20ga. is the only one I have ever seen. I would sell the 12ga. with the hanging tag, haven't shot either of the others since I bought them.
One thing Has to be done before you shoot the 12ga models. Tighten the buttstock, or better, take it off and glass it to the receiver. They crack.

The 212 Valmets do the same, but it's less frequent.
Originally Posted by windridge
One thing Has to be done before you shoot the 12ga models. Tighten the buttstock, or better, take it off and glass it to the receiver. They crack.

do not over tighten
Originally Posted by texken
Originally Posted by windridge

do not over tighten

Absolutely!

Snug is just right.

Also, if you glass it make sure to use a good release agent and allow for some turn of the screw to snug things after the glass sets.
The Tikka you have was made and imported by finlandia firearms out of California back in the mid to late 60s before Ithaca started to import them . I have several tikkas two in the 20 gauge over a 30- 30 they are well made guns and never had one that didn't shoot well . The 20 gauge on them shoots really well .
Originally Posted by savage1920
The Tikka you have was made and imported by finlandia firearms out of California back in the mid to late 60s before Ithaca started to import them . I have several tikkas two in the 20 gauge over a 30- 30 they are well made guns and never had one that didn't shoot well . The 20 gauge on them shoots really well .

Good and interesting information...Thanks. wink
© 24hourcampfire