Home
Posted By: hunter4623 What’s it worth? - 03/13/22
If the price is right, I’m sending it down the road. Savage 24 S-D .22mag/.410
Excellent shape. 1 barely visible scratch on the barrel. No dings, nicks or cracks in the wood.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: What’s it worth? - 03/13/22
These are great handy little firearms to have!
Posted By: Windfall Re: What’s it worth? - 03/13/22
The first 24’s that I knew about had a round button barrel selector on the side. Then mine has the barrel selector on the hammer itself and the opening lever behind the hammer. Is the OP’s opening lever on the side version an earlier or later version? I can’t help on the value because I’m always surprised at what people are willing to pay for these things.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: What’s it worth? - 03/13/22
Selector is integrated into the hammer. Opening mechanism is on the side. Locks up solid.
Posted By: Dan_Gilson Re: What’s it worth? - 03/14/22
I recently picked up an S-E Model, 22 LR over 20 Gauge with a little bit more wear than that one for $300. Folks in this forum say I stole it!! eek eek eek

Attached picture 22 over 20.jpg
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: What’s it worth? - 03/14/22
Probably the best place to check price would be Gun Broker or Guns International. etc....................
Posted By: windridge Re: What’s it worth? - 03/15/22
The 22Mag actually detracts a little from the value. A 22 Mag and a 410 are both expensive to shoot these days. A 22LR/20ga is worth about 20% more than this version, and the side lever was never accepted well in these last models.

Still, it's a useful camp/truck/hiking gun in seemingly good shape.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: What’s it worth? - 03/21/22
FYI- sold it for $750. Worth more than I thought
Posted By: Windfall Re: What’s it worth? - 03/22/22
Worth more than I thought too. Exactly the reason that I shouldn’t even think about selling off my stuff. Sellers remorse if there is such a thing.
Posted By: Dan_Gilson Re: What’s it worth? - 03/23/22
Originally Posted by hunter4623
FYI- sold it for $750. Worth more than I thought

Fantastic!! smile smile smile
Posted By: texken Re: What’s it worth? - 03/23/22
Originally Posted by Dan_Gilson
I recently picked up an S-E Model, 22 LR over 20 Gauge with a little bit more wear than that one for $300. Folks in this forum say I stole it!! eek eek eek

YOU DID
© 24hourcampfire