Home
Posted By: luv2safari Maybe Another Drilling - 04/25/22
I've been selling off my guns this year, mostly to family at bargain prices. I don't need another drilling; have enough.

But, this came along, and it might be cheap enough. It's a Kreighoff Prumpf Primus 16-16-7X57R with a 22 Hornet insert. Scope rings for the claw bases will come with it, but they will need altering. The breech face is rough for some reason, but it shoots fine and locks tight.

Someone talk me out of it, please. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/25/22
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/25/22
You definitely don’t want that. Me on the other hand, I definitely need it πŸ˜€
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
I am NOT the one to answer your question....
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I am NOT the one to answer your question....

Says my friend, the enabler.
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?
Bfly
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
Did I mention that damage Greener safety. And you'll need to get a metal trigger guard, that old Buffalo horn needs to go. You also need to sand off the skip line checkered and get some anti slip pads in letter. The expenses just keep going up.
Just trying to help.
Bfly
Posted By: John0313 Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
[quote=Blackfly1]Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Best laugh I’ve had all day!
Posted By: erich Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
A few slugs, some bismuth shot and you could hunt the world with that.

It is very nice,
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/26/22
Originally Posted by John0313
[quote=Blackfly1]Looks like you'd be spending a lot of money for a single shot shotgun or rifle! It's a known fact that, a 16 guage carries like a 12 and shoots like a 410. Pretty much useless. The 22 hornet, way out of date, terrible old fashioned design. It's really too much for mice and squirrels, but usless beyond 500 yards. Probably can't find ammo for that. Then there's that 7x57, Talk about old out ofdate cartridges. Rimmed of course, where will you ever find ammo? The 7x57 might be OK for a close range coyote, but pretty light for those big deer in your part of the world. I know some Brit claimed it would kill elephants, but I haven't seen one Utube video of him doing it, you know how old geezers make stuff up. Then there's all that shiny scatching on the receiver, you'll need to get that and the stock camo dipped. So, useless cartridges, hard to find ammo, gonna take a lot of work to make it look modern, and all for a couple of single shots.
Did that help?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Best laugh I’ve had all day!

I'm CURED!!! I'm CURED!!!

It's good to have friends looking out for me.
Posted By: Blackfly1 Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 04/29/22
But, on the other hand, maybe you could use it, as is, while you saved up to get a carbon fiber stock and the other needed modifications. If you can scrape together a few pieces of brass, dies and a few bullets, a bit of powder and a few primers that are on the top shelf, that should be used before they go bad, and you would be in business. Allowing those couple ounces of powder and those old primers to go bad would be wasting valuable resources. You need to be a good steward of such scarce resources.
Think of all the drilling lovers whose marriages you would be saving, if you take that gun off the market. Sometimes you have to do selfless acts to protect your friends.
I trust you will throw yourself on the sword to protect the rest of us.
Bfly
Posted By: Biebs Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 05/02/22
If you price out cost of having custom rings made to fit the claw bases, it might help scare you away :-)
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I'm CURED!!! I'm CURED!!!

It's good to have friends looking out for me.

Good to know! That will keep my gun-account above water....
Posted By: erich Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 05/03/22
It comes with the rings.

But you can always make a set yourself. I made a set out of Weaver Grand Slam extra high steel rings. Measure a lot file a little.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Maybe Another Drilling - 05/03/22
Originally Posted by Biebs
If you price out cost of having custom rings made to fit the claw bases, it might help scare you away :-)

I'm cursed with a good friend who makes custom claw mounts.

Fate is having a field day with me! eek
© 24hourcampfire