Home
Posted By: Mackey Colt Sauer drilling - 05/25/22
My brother passed away several months ago and left me a few nice guns including a Colt Sauer drilling in 12/12/243. He bought it new in the late 70’s and installed a Weaver tip over scope mount with a Leupold Vari X III 1.5-5 scope. He hunted with it very little and it is in near perfect condition. I don’t like the scope mount at all and would be interested in getting traditional claw mounts or the more modern pivot scope mounts installed. I’d love to hear comments on my thinking and recommendations on who can do the work. Also, what would something like this cost?

Mackey
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Colt Sauer drilling - 05/25/22
Lee LeBas

http://learmsllc.com/showroom/

Lee is working on three of my guns at present. He fitted a Kreighoff einstecklauf for a good member here who bought a drilling and the insert from me.

Decent claw mount installed and regulated... $1,000-1,500 for mounts; you supply a good scope, or Lee will sell you one. They might be more, now that AKAH is no longer making basic sets to fit and file in.

Recknagel swing mounts are a bit less and are a very good choice. They are the mounts on the drilling in the bottom photo of the linked page.
Posted By: Mackey Re: Colt Sauer drilling - 05/28/22
Thanks luv! I will contact him. That’s a lot of money but I think that gun is deserving. What’s on it now is like having recapped tires on a Ferrari.

Mackey
© 24hourcampfire