Home
Posted By: luv2safari Looked at This Yesterday - 08/21/22
I looked at this masterpiece yesterday. I was amazed at how light it was. The photos, although good, don't do it justice.

It's as new, and it was priced much higher new. I saw the factory price tag. shocked

Get out your checkbooks and buy this set. wink

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...0gau-6-5x57r-20gau-.cfm?gun_id=102035107
Posted By: John0313 Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/21/22
Thank goodness it’s not left handed. I don’t need that kind of stress!!
Posted By: erich Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/21/22
OH MY, that is stunning. Good thing I already have a Bernardelli 12ga/5.6x50R Mag. the 5.6x50R Mag combo gun is one of the great coyote getters. It shoots .224 bullets, has a rim and is in the class of the 223AI. I've alway been able to get brass from Huntington's. I always thought a 16ga/16ga/5.6x50R Mag drilling would be one of the ultimate coyote hunting rigs.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
You have some perfect coyote rigs. I still covet that drilling of yours. What a great little package! cool
Originally Posted by John0313
Thank goodness it’s not left handed. I don’t need that kind of stress!!

The only reason I didn't buy it was it's too perfect to take in the mountains and fall down with it under me.

Well that and chronic empty pockets.
frown
Posted By: erich Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/21/22
I understand that last one.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/23/22
The double rifle barrel set seems like an unusual combination, 270 over 5.6x50R MAG.

I have 3 1950's vintage Sauer combination guns that my Father brought back from Europe when I was a small boy; 16/7x57R, 16/30-30, and 16/30-06. The 16 gauge chambers are 2 3/4", so I guess that they were made for the U.S. market rather than the European market.
All the post-war Sauer shotgun chambers were 2 3/4". Sauer chambered some early 3000 model drillings in 30-30. I believe that Stoeger might have had some influence in that, since Stoeger had a long time relationship with Sauer prior to the war, and they were Sauer's principle foreign market.

In their early 1950s Shooter's Bibles they stated that sometime in 1954 Some American calibers would be available. Turns out they were 30-30 and 30-06, but the 30-06 was a long wait, extra charge special order with the 30-30 being a shorter wait and sometimes in stock in NJ. I've only owned one post-war Sauer in 30-30; it went down the road 30 years ago. Never was too smart... frown

I was surprised at the 270/5.6X50R M combination. It would make for a useful open fields rifle for stag and roe deer.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/24/22
The only one that I have in the ready rack is the 16/30-30, the other two are boxed up. I assume that he bought them in Europe, as he was back and forth between CONUS and USAFE several times each year, but he may have bought them from a Stoeger's dealer in the U.S.. Most of the time when he ordered guns back then they were shipped via the Railway Express Agency (REA) and we would drive across the Connecticut River to the railroad station in Windsor, VT, to pick them up. OTOH, he might have ordered them through his favorite gun shop, The Green Store in Haverhill, NH, and picked them up when I wasn't around.
Posted By: brayhaven Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/26/22
Wow, that’s a really nice gun. I just got a plain Blaser in 6.5x57 & 16 gauge that I want to play with a while before I sell.
The Europeans love em.
Posted By: John0313 Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/26/22
Did you get the LH Blaser combo that was for sale awhile back?
Posted By: brayhaven Re: Looked at This Yesterday - 08/27/22
I rechambered one of those Sauer 30/30 drillings to 30/30 AI. Made it a very potent big game gun that had much less breech thrust. The customer loved it.
© 24hourcampfire