Home
Posted By: Wannabebwana What bullet is this? - 08/17/19
Bought some reloads at auction because I wanted the brass. Pulled the bullets and wonder what they are.

9.3 cal, 286 gr. They’ve got some steel or something in them, as they reacted to a magnet.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tejano Re: What bullet is this? - 08/17/19
Looks like a Lapua Naralis, but the current ones don't have any steel in the jacket and have green tips. A yellow tip is used to mark tracer and spotter military ammo, I would section one, but doubt that is what you have. Norma had some steel jacketed loads but not sure about that one.

If 286 grain then the Norma Dual Core.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: What bullet is this? - 08/18/19
My first thought was the earlier Norma 286, also. Didn't RWS load this or something similar, also?
Posted By: dan_oz Re: What bullet is this? - 08/18/19
It looks like a Norma Plastic Point Dual Core.
Posted By: jpb Re: What bullet is this? - 08/18/19
Originally Posted by dan_oz
It looks like a Norma Plastic Point Dual Core.

I am pretty sure dan_oz has nailed it.

John
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: What bullet is this? - 08/18/19
Thanks, dan_oz. Sounds like a winner. I haven’t found any photos of it with the yellow tip, but I’ve found reference to it.
Posted By: TheKid Re: What bullet is this? - 08/18/19
I used to have a factory loaded box of 308Norma mag with those bullets. Never shot anything with them, thinking they were from the 60’s or 70’s.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: What bullet is this? - 08/19/19
RWS S balle plastique
Posted By: dan_oz Re: What bullet is this? - 08/21/19
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
RWS S balle plastique

Have you any links or further info about that? I am familiar with the S-Ball Plastik, but as a shotgun slug made by Sellier and Bellot some years back. A good one too, it was made of plastic with a solid iron core, but of course it was nothing like the one pictured n the OP, which looks exactly like Norma PPDC I've used, even down to the yellow colour on the plastic point.
© 24hourcampfire