Home
My two boxes of RST Ultra-Lite 3/4 oz 1,100 fps 5,200 psi ammo came an hour ago, so I donned my heavy parka and heavy welding gloves and test fired both barrels. The load is very mild, and the old girl gulped them down just fine.

I tried two more, not looking away this time and found the shotgun barrels shoot right on at 30 yards to the sight with 2/3 of the pattern above point of aim...PERFECT!

I hope I have a few quail around in the morning. Rosie, Woody, Old Girl, and I will try to take two for my breakfast. The Paper 7/8 oz load of 6 shot churns up only 5,400 psi and will be in the left tube.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I enjoy shooting a gun that is not quite 100 years old. the 1887 must be great fun, and I hope lethal for a pair of Cali quail! Good luck.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Shot The 1887 Drilling Today - 12/03/19
Those RSTs seem perfect for an old gun used for quail! Hope you scored.

I'm going out next week but will be doing the "opposite" kinda gun--1970s Rem Wingmaster .410 with the awesome 3" "magnumb" shells full of #7 steel (the infamous "Gavin Newsome Special"). I'm using a Colonial "Skeet" choke which patterns steel well in this gun.
© 24hourcampfire