Home
Posted By: Cigar Wow...... - 01/24/22
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Wow...... - 01/24/22
When you go in over your knees, you become part of the food chain.
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Wow...... - 01/25/22
Well told. That happened about 20 years ago now,
Posted By: Esteban325 Re: Wow...... - 01/25/22
The imagined visual of your friend surfacing as a fishing lure, then submerging never to be seen again, is quite haunting.
Posted By: purri Re: Wow...... - 03/15/22
Tell me about Cahill's crossing,,,
Posted By: purri Re: Wow...... - 03/15/22
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Wow...... - 03/15/22
Originally Posted by purri

Never been there. How do you know about it?
Posted By: dan_oz Re: Wow...... - 03/15/22
I've been there. It is a causeway across the East Alligator River, and it is tidal, so you can only safely cross it at low tide. There have been a good number of people have found out to their cost why you don't try to cross it when the tide's up. The crocs gather there because the fish come up to the causeway and are crowded by it until they can cross. A lot of people fish there too, and every now any again someone fishing, or trying to wade across, gets taken by a croc.

This bloke wasn't even knee deep, fishing at Cahill's Crossing, when, moments after this pic was taken a croc leaped up and grabbed him and killed him

[Linked Image]
Posted By: purri Re: Wow...... - 03/31/22
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

I am related to the TOs further east (Iwaitja mob) who own Gurig Gunak Barlu and lease it back to the govt plus Croker Island and onshore. Bin dere and Valencia Island offshore from Wiligi for a few weeks. Buff and banteng are decent eating plus the usual geese and fish Never been there. How do you know about it?
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Wow...... - 04/01/22
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Never been there. How do you know about it?

I am related to the TOs further east (Iwaitja mob) who own Gurig Gunak Barlu and lease it back to the govt plus Croker Island and onshore. Bin dere and Valencia Island offshore from Wiligi for a few weeks. Buff and banteng are decent eating plus the usual geese and fish

Do you live up that way? It's handy to have that linkage to hunting buffalo up there.
Posted By: purri Re: Wow...... - 04/09/22
Nah I live at Coogee Sydney. The lations run a lodge for fishing, only close friends get a chance to poke the critters. BTW Ron C is a mate.
© 24hourcampfire