Home
Posted By: EdM Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22
My youngest son just sent my photos of the flooding there. A couple of years prior to us moving there in 2013 the same had occurred. The house we rented and the neighbors on either side (Chelmer, a suburb) survived, not sure now. Any reports from the locals?
Posted By: mauserand9mm Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22
Tons of rainfall over the last few days. I don't think the river levels around Brisbane are as high as in the 2011 floods but still high. Areas an hour of two north, south and west of Brisbane have had record breaking flood levels I believe.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22
Read a weather news feed that one area had more than 50" of rain. That would be devastating for man and beast.
Posted By: dingo Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22

At my place here on the Gold Coast, Qld we received 712mm (28 inches) of rain in 5 days. In the 24hours to 9.00am yesterday we received 338mm which is probably the highest single daily total I've seen in the 25 years living here.

Here's a few pics from home yesterday morning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: zcm82 Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22
Holy cow. That's an unreal amount of rain...about what we get around here in an entire year. 😬
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/01/22
Yeah, it's pretty bad Ed !!

Thankfully, all our family & friends are safe, some cut off, but apparently not in danger.

Lived through the big one in '74, our place at Sherwood had 16 people staying there.

Mostly family from Graceville & Chelmer.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/03/22
I’ve got friends in Yandina, hope they are ok.
Posted By: Mwbyler Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/04/22
Is the official narrative global warming and climate change?
Posted By: Milkfever Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/05/22
I lived in Dayboro (West of Brisbane) in 1991 and we got 12 inches in 12 hours was crazy.....
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Brisbane Flooding - 03/07/22
Make sure and wear a mask
© 24hourcampfire