Home
Posted By: CarlsenHighway Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
How can you have a section for a country that basically doesnt allow hunting in half of the place, and the rest of the time it's bloody camels or donkeys of all things, and nothing for NZ, the mecca of Pacific safari's? the Paris of the South Pacific?
There's someone left? There all in Sydney.
Don't forget to turn out the lights.
Your not joking. I went to Bondi for the first time in 1994, and randomly met seven people there, all of them were Kiwi's.

Of course the number of kiwi's going to Australia raises the IQ level in both places.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
PM Deflave here.
He is the site moderator.
I would love an NZ section.

P.S. Sheep are beautiful.
Posted By: JamesW Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
How can you have a section for a country that basically doesnt allow hunting in half of the place, and the rest of the time it's bloody camels or donkeys of all things, and nothing for NZ, the mecca of Pacific safari's? the Paris of the South Pacific?

So we now want a section for "EACH" Australian State and Teritory?
Posted By: battered Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
why dont we allow hunting in half the place???. there is a few kiwis here yes, i live near the goldcoast and as you can imagine there are plenty of japs. I thought someone dropped a bomb on them�..must of been full of fertiliser.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
Your not joking. I went to Bondi for the first time in 1994, and randomly met seven people there, all of them were Kiwi's.

Back filling for all the Aussies working in bars here in the UK!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
Should call this the Australia / New Zealand forum.

I'd love to hunt NZ. Definately near the top of my list for hunting destinations.
Posted By: n007 Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/01/14
Australasia fills the bill.
Originally Posted by wageslave

P.S. Sheep are beautiful.

And every one girlfriend is called Baaaaaaaabaaaaraaa
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/02/14
Just got back from a hunt on the South Island. Had an absolutely wonderful time while there. The hunt was terrific and the people and country are wonderful.

I have issues with AU. Trying to bring a firearm into AU is a trick-at best. And then the rules change from state to state.
Posted By: DaSakoMan Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/02/14
hey the kiwis really know how to take a resource and make proper use of it.
Here in australia we have state governments who all think differently - deer are a game species in one state, go over the border and they shoot them with choppers!!!

Go figure!!

Hunting in NZ - part of their culture. In Oz, something that is trying to taken away from our culture.

Gus
Posted By: PathFilmsNZ Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/03/14
I'm with that guy
Posted By: johnfox Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/03/14

Indeed, Oz is poor compared to NZ re hunting access and opportunities but we don't have any of this sh*t going on.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/05/exclusive-helicopter-hazing-tahr-caught-camera/#more-134726
Posted By: DaSakoMan Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/03/14
Originally Posted by johnfox

Indeed, Oz is poor compared to NZ re hunting access and opportunities but we don't have any of this sh*t going on.

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/05/exclusive-helicopter-hazing-tahr-caught-camera/#more-134726

John,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but we sure do have chopper shoots here - in South Australia (my home state) the Dept of Environ & Natural Resources conduct aerial shoots of conservation parks in the states south east - namely the Messent and Gum lagoon Conservation parks. They regularly shoot 500-800 deer in these parks every year and deer numbers in these areas have declines ~70 % in the last 10 years.
A complete waste of a magnificent game animal and a huge waste of meat. Then again we have a grazier who has in excess of 10000 deer behind the wire in the same region for hunters to go and shoot - usually trophy animals for $3000 + per pop.

Gus

Posted By: johnfox Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/03/14
Originally Posted by DaSakoMan

John,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but we sure do have chopper shoots here - in South Australia (my home state) the Dept of Environ & Natural Resources conduct aerial shoots of conservation parks in the states south east - namely the Messent and Gum lagoon Conservation parks. They regularly shoot 500-800 deer in these parks every year and deer numbers in these areas have declines ~70 % in the last 10 years.
A complete waste of a magnificent game animal and a huge waste of meat. Then again we have a grazier who has in excess of 10000 deer behind the wire in the same region for hunters to go and shoot - usually trophy animals for $3000 + per pop.

Gus

Did you watch the video?
Posted By: MOG Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/04/14
Umm I love NZ, but the Paris of the South Pacific it is not.
Great hunting and a much better attitude towards it but Auckland is like a 1990's version of Sydney, Christchurch is pretty average culturally, Wellington is the jewel culturally but the rest.... Very beautiful but not a cultural Mecca unless you are a sheep!

Regards,

Mog
Posted By: MOG Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/04/14
Meant to add there is not much hunting in Paris either!

Regards,

Mog
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/04/14
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Just got back from a hunt on the South Island. Had an absolutely wonderful time while there. The hunt was terrific and the people and country are wonderful.

I have issues with AU. Trying to bring a firearm into AU is a trick-at best. And then the rules change from state to state.

I'd love to see a hunt report! DIY?
Posted By: DaSakoMan Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/05/14
Originally Posted by johnfox
Originally Posted by DaSakoMan

John,

Gus

Gus

Did you watch the video?

I did John - not ny cup of tea - same goes for hunting behind wire and hunting with hounds for sambar ...........but for some its all above board and OK ?? I prefer to stalk alone without the help of dog or machine............

Gus

Originally Posted by JamesW

So we now want a section for "EACH" Australian State and Teritory?

That was really mean. So it's no wonder I laughed for a good 15 seconds.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/27/14
I love our Aussie neighbours but hell will freeze over before we ever become a state of that fair land.

Posted By: battered Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/27/14
[bleep] oath, all the kiwis here keep saying how good home is.........if it's that good [bleep] back there then.......lol
Posted By: Hone Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 05/28/14
Born in NZ and lived in Oz now for 27 years. My view is this NZ has a lot to offer in the way of hunting and fishing but jobs paying decent money are hard to find.
Australia also has plenty of hunting and fishing , but the opportunities here are better.They are two different countries.
It is the same as towns each one is different. Take the good bits , don't worry about the rest too much , Don't whinge ,look at life positively . I went to the US 2 years ago to enjoy myself for 7 weeks, Had a ball , mindset was to find at least 1 thing a day that was enjoyable, This i easily did and had a great time
Agreed on the NZ section of the forum. My favorite place to hunt, by far. Luckily, I married into it wink

I think it's remiss not to mention that NZ has it's share of govt funded chopper hunts as well, though, in addition to the 1080 drops -
Posted By: zeissman Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 06/28/14
Originally Posted by battered
[bleep] oath, all the kiwis here keep saying how good home is.........if it's that good [bleep] back there then.......lol

There's plenty of Aussies here too mate. Still, I enjoy their company, always easy going and friendly.

Just because my wife's name happens to be Baaaaaaaabaaaaraaa doesn't mean I hate the woolly bastards.

Posted By: battered Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 06/28/14
grin grin

yeah kiwis are cool...........now tasmanians.....theres another story grin
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 06/30/14
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

I'd love to see a hunt report! DIY?

We hired Kiwi Safaris, and had a great time. Shot Red Stag and Tahr. I took my wife, who's a non hunter and she made every step with me. Talk about living outside your comfort zone...
She's not anti hunting but just doesn't hunt but she was on the mountain with me every day.
I'll say Kiwi Safaris is a top flight outfitter. The lodge where we stayed is beautiful and they took great care of us.
Here's the Tahr. Tough as a bus station steak, these guys. He absorbed 3 rounds of 165 grain TBBC's from about 125 yards before he tipped over. I'm still trying to recover from the climb and am really happy to have him bagged.

[img:center][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Here's the Stag.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: zeissman Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 06/30/14
Beautiful trophies OSU.

Thanks mate. I love my country but if I were forced to leave the US, I would head straight for the south Island.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 07/23/14
Originally Posted by MOG
Umm I love NZ, but the Paris of the South Pacific it is not.
Great hunting and a much better attitude towards it but Auckland is like a 1990's version of Sydney, Christchurch is pretty average culturally, Wellington is the jewel culturally but the rest.... Very beautiful but not a cultural Mecca unless you are a sheep!

Regards,

Mog

You may be right about the culture thing Mog but personally I can't stand cities - big, medium or small. Was in Auckland the other day and the traffic and parking fees just suck beyond belief.

I've lived in a few of the bigger cities around the world too and I really can't understand the big attraction apart from the need to because of a certain job. Crowds, traffic, noise, pollution. A nice friendly, small town with great hunting and fishing close by - can't beat it. smile I like sheep too, especially roast lamb. grin

Posted By: super T Re: Wheres the NZ section? - 07/24/14
I've been to New Zealand and Australia and liked them both a lot. I will say this, Australia got me to go the region, but wonderful NZ got me to go back.
© 24hourcampfire