Home
Posted By: wabigoon Pickup joke. - 10/27/20
Ford is coming out with a Cattle Feeder's Special, no seat, no steering wheel.

For the cattle feeder that has lost his rear, and doesn't know winch way to turn.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Pickup joke. - 10/27/20
I probably need one of those.

Looking for hay now. Again.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Pickup joke. - 10/27/20
Horse hay was a PIA again this year with our drought. Most folks were sold out by September (except for those holding onto some to sell at higher prices later on. I have no problem with that, BTW.) A friend of mine in Colorado hooked me up, so I paid him for 200 bales and picked up 100 of them a couple of weeks back. The paid-off Ford still does everything I ask of it (other than offer a comfy ride, that is...)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Pickup joke. - 10/28/20
Nice high and tight load there.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Pickup joke. - 10/28/20
Thanks, buddy, the girls are now 16 and 13 and they do a pretty fair job of it. These bales are a hair smaller than the last so they got off just a bit on the spacing, but it all traveled just fine. Shouldn't have to get the next load until Feb.
I feed mostly rounds, but we do get small squares to feed between rounds, and for the trailer.

The bales I got this summer were the lightest, fluffiest, bales ever. Not sure why, but most of the squares here are not baked like the hay I would get when I had to live in Kansas. That farmers bales were tight and hard. Didn’t need strapping.
I remember those square bale days.

Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Pickup joke. - 10/28/20
I did a lot of that in my teens to make some extra coin. The gents I buy from these days say it's almost impossible to find kids who will buck bales. Damned shame I tell ya. When the timing is right we'll still go pick up out of the field; the wife puts it in 4-Low and first gear while the girls and I do the rest.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Pickup joke. - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by ironbender
I remember those square bale days.

I think that I'm gonna be sick!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Pickup joke. - 10/29/20
Yeah, yeah.

As you are aware, that’s just the start. Still needs to be unloaded and stacked.

BUT!......there’s beer and pizza at the end of it!
© 24hourcampfire