Home
Posted By: wabigoon Beans in the teens? - 01/05/21
Our local Coop shows a cash bid of 12.88 on the open.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/05/21

I remember teens in the beans. (Walking them.)
Posted By: crc1514 Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
Closing bid from local elevator here was 12.97 today. We generally have pretty good basis as I’m only a little over 100 miles from the barges in the Tulsa area.
Posted By: kingston Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
Crazy
Posted By: sjphillips Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
13.19 Wayland IA bid .Corn is 4.96 January delivery

13.32 for March
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
13.24 or close here this fine morning. How high can they go?
Posted By: LouisB Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
Are those bids future or current delivery and are they locked in, or can they crawfish later?
Posted By: crc1514 Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
My dad sold beans picked up at the farm in February for 13.41 midday yesterday, March -.27. Sold corn picked up at the bin for 5.28 at the same time, March +.33. Most of the wheat and beans in our area gets put on the water in Tulsa, corn feeds poultry in NW Arkansas.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/06/21
Louis, cash bid.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/07/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
13.24 or close here this fine morning. How high can they go?

Most farmers would say they can't go high enough......lol.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/07/21
Another thing the MSM got wrong, remember when the news was that Trump’s trade war with China would bankrupt US farmers?
Everything the media “reports” seems to be 180 degrees off.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/14/21
I could've got 14 briefly a couple days ago at the same time I was loading up the last of the beans I sold at 10.33 a couple months ago.

Still have a fair amount of them binned up and waiting for 15. haha
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/14/21
Trying to make a living as a gambler in Vegas has got to be easier than being a farmer. Sell now or sell later..... It's a gamble.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/24/21
Sold out all my overrun beans at harvest for 9.80. Thought I was doing the right thing as it wasn't long before I was selling last years beans for 8.20 after paying all the interest on raising them...now beans are high and I can't get to my bins roads are just slop
Had 17k bu of corn on storage at the elevator and went in sold 7000 bu at 5.13. Damn why wouldn't I have sold it all
Greed I guess
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/24/21
Well, we lost a good buck of that.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/27/21
Back to 5.11 on corn today what to do.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Beans in the teens? - 01/29/21
Sold out all the corn on storage at the elivator for 5.32. That makes the highest price I ever got for corn.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 02/23/21
13.70 local, 14, anyone?
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Beans in the teens? - 02/23/21
We're right at 14 now for Feb delivery. Between the snow and soon to be mud, Feb delivery isn't gonna happen.

Still thinking we're gonna see a bit higher.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Beans in the teens? - 02/23/21
The chemical and fertilizer companies are taking advantage of the high grain prices. We usually prepay our pasture and hay ground fertilizer in December, but my son and I talked it over and decided that it probably wouldn't be that much difference.............WRONG!!!! Fertilizer has took a big jump in the past month. They want some of that $14 dollar beans and $5 corn.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 03/04/21
$13.90 bid local. Wheee!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 03/08/21
$14.06 local.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Beans in the teens? - 03/08/21
Can you imagine how much money the people who don't have beans to sell are losing?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Beans in the teens? - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Can you imagine how much money the people who don't have beans to sell are losing?

laugh
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Beans in the teens? - 03/10/21
Talked to a marketing guy he recommends holding beans and thinks U.S. supply will run out before new crop. Looking at over 15 he thinks
Sold some corn today 5.45 and put bid option for 5.65 and another at 5.85. So the overnight trading has been hot at 3 in the morning with .30 or so high then shows up the next day a few pennies up...kinda strange...
© 24hourcampfire