Home
Posted By: wabigoon Got Mud? - 03/03/21
laugh We shut the cows off the stocks yesterday. At some point we will let them back.
c
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Got Mud? - 03/03/21
Still snow here
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Got Mud? - 03/03/21
Ground is rotten here, although it is settling up somewhat. We had the snow and ice of a couple weeks ago, then over 7 inches of rain on Sunday. I have been checking the cows on the Polaris UTV, and even in 4wd I'm cutting ruts. I will have to haul hay tomorrow, and I know what that's going to be like. On the flip side, the weather for the next week is supposed to be dry, so that will be a big help in cutting back on the mud.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Got Mud? - 03/03/21
We wormed and rotated goats and cows this past weekend. It was a bit trickier than normal with the trailer placement due to mud around the hay feeders which are near the catch pens.

Goats we could drag through the mud to the trailer after worming....a good bit more physical labor but we got it done.

Had to get creative with the cattle....surprisingly, it turned out really easy. They all walked on the trailer for feed. Had to make 3 trips instead of the normal 2 trips but I was happy it wasn't a rodeo. Of course we're low numbers on cattle so it's not a big deal to do it.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Got Mud? - 03/03/21
Just back from feeding hay, this was the best traction. We had to unhook the pickup, and get a tractor for the rack.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Got Mud? - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just back from feeding hay, this was the best traction. We had to unhook the pickup, and get a tractor for the rack.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Where's the trees?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Got Mud? - 03/04/21
Tree Removal Project completed!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Got Mud? - 03/04/21
Prairie country James, most trees here are planted, river valleys, or fence lines.
Posted By: kingston Re: Got Mud? - 03/04/21
I'm cursing it daily here.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Got Mud? - 03/04/21
Originally Posted by kingston

It will be gone in time to curse the heat and humidity!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Got Mud? - 03/05/21
Originally Posted by kingston

Only thing I cuss more than mud is dust. wink
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Got Mud? - 03/05/21

Here in South Texas, you can stand in mud up to your knee's and the dust will blow in your face.Rio7
© 24hourcampfire