Home
Posted By: wabigoon Spotty Rains. - 05/03/21
A nice 1 1/2 " last night, but .8 " a mile away.

I'll take it.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/03/21
I got back Sat. was a week ago, had been gone almost 2 weeks and poured out 4.1". Got a shower a couple days ago, another 3/4". Suppose to rain tomorrow.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/03/21
We're in a wet and stormy pattern here. Rained 1.2 last night, with another couple of inches possible over the next 24 hours. It's about where it needs to be moisture wise, so we really don't need any more, and we need some dry weather now. We had planted a wheat-rye mix for hay, and it's ready to be cut now, as you don't want the wheat too far along. It's just now headed out, and would be perfect. Hopefully, we'll have a couple of dry days at the end of the week to cut it. It will be rolled wet, and wrapped. I fed hay like that this past winter, and the cows loved it, and came through the winter in as good a shape as they ever have.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/03/21
We got over an inch of rain over night,and have about 5" of snow on the ground and more to come tonight.Good wet snow. Pasture ought to green up good with the warmer weather coming this week
Posted By: Krazi Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/04/21
.3 south of Lake City Wabbi. Still really dry.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/04/21
Geeez,if we ever got an inch of rain all at once, it would be a weather phenomenon that people would be talking about for years to come.
Posted By: 300_savage Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/04/21
Really dry in eastern MT. Chance of half an inch Saturday, if they dont downgrade the forecast like they've been doing all spring.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/05/21
JJr
Rolling it green and then wrapping it, does that make sort of a silage?
Posted By: ironbender Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by LouisB
JJr
Rolling it green and then wrapping it, does that make sort of a silage?

Yep. Called “haylage”.

We feed wrapped bales to horses in the winter. As long as no holes in the wrap and cold, it smells great 😜 and the horses love it.

As my buddy would say, they fall upon it with glad cries!

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/05/21
I was in Lake City Monday K, ever eat at Sweet things?
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Spotty Rains. - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I got back Sat. was a week ago, had been gone almost 2 weeks and poured out 4.1". Got a shower a couple days ago, another 3/4". Suppose to rain tomorrow.

Still no rain here. Dryer than when you were here.
© 24hourcampfire