Home
For the first time in two generations (at least) of my family a land transaction is set in motion where land won't be bought or sold for development and used only to raise kids right with an appreciation for what God gave us to steward. It's a lot harder to get into land than it is to get out of. The deal hasn't closed yet but I've already told my wife I want to be buried here. Is a long row to hoe and we're starting from scratch but we'll make it, and the kids will be better for it. I'm on cloud nine today and just had to share. Thanks guys
TWO THUMBS UP!!!
Good deal. I wish more people felt that way. I think what you're doing is wonderful.
Good for you, congratulations!
Thanks guys!
Under contract today, bank is on board. It's happening!
Congrats!
Good!!!
How many acres where? Mb
160 acres. South Dakota

Thanks guys, this is a dream come true!
Does it have any deer cover? Any relief topographically? A place where the kids can get a deer? You gonna put a house on it? Spill the beans 1135. Mb
Congratulations on a wise move. Hope it meets all your expectations. Are you east river or west river?
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Does it have any deer cover? Any relief topographically? A place where the kids can get a deer? You gonna put a house on it? Spill the beans 1135. Mb

Great deer and pheasant potential as is, prairie chicken and sharptail too probably. Has one good sized shelter belt and a creek that runs through it with scattered trees along it. I have a buddy that found a huge WT shed this spring on the quarter south of ours. 30 acres currently farmed so with cropping history it'll go into CRP when eligible. The rest will be grazed to help make the payment. Plan to build a shop/house in the next year or two then build the big house in a few years hopefully. Going to manage it for wildlife but still do conservation grazing. Need to fix fences and put in some water improvements too but one step at a time.
You done good congrats. Mb
Two Thumbs up!
Good deal and good luck!!
Sounds fantastic, congratulations!
Closed on it today finally.
Got a long way to go and a long row to hoe but we'll make it.
Starting from scratch means there's only one way to go right?
I'm on cloud nine
Good for you!

Enjoy!
Enjoy the journey.
Now, THAT’S how you “build back better”!

Congrats.
Thanks guys. There are zero improvements aside from a couple fences and I have no equipment but I have the knowledge and ambition needed to make it work. It's a dream come true.
Evening, Great news!!! Lost half of the family farm in a divorce settlement!!!! Lost interest also. Oh well chit happens. Good luck to ya, if ya like what yr doin y'all never work a day in yer life!!! Bill out. 👣🐾👣🐾🇨🇦
Thrilled for your sake!

As said, enjoy the journey of making your dream a reality!!
May you have timely rains and dry harvest weather.
Nothing like owning your own piece of land. Good luck on developing it into your dream.
Smart move. A lot more good folks better be getting the hell out of the subdivision and the McMansion on a 1/3 acre lot 10’ off the setbacks and get out where they have a chance to protect their families and give their kids a real chance at thriving. You’re a lucky man!
© 24hourcampfire