Home
I want to plant some shrubs or small trees in my yard (near windows) that will attract hummingbirds. Anyone have some favorites? I live in Oklahoma.
They seem to like the lantana and bottle-brush we have down here.

They like the feeder better though. wink
Trumpet vines seem to draw them in pretty good... May have to replant every year tho...
HoneySuckle have always been thought of as a good attractant. You might go by the OSU Extension office in your county and see what they have on attracting song birds.
Go Pokes!
This may give you some ideas.
http://www.highcountrygardens.com/gardening/plants-that-attract-hummingbirds/
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
HoneySuckle have always been thought of as a good attractant. You might go by the OSU Extension office in your county and see what they have on attracting song birds.
Go Pokes!

They NEST in my Honeysuckle,....and seem to do well. I can't put out HB feeders,...too many bats and Bees.

GTC
Wifey's got a Trumpet Vine out back that they seem to be fond of. We alway have a few buzzing around. Be careful with that Honeysuckle as it's an invasive damn thing that'll take over! I cut out 6 or 7 last summer, and got that many to go come spring.
7mm
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Go Pokes!

They NEST in my Honeysuckle,....and seem to do well. I can't put out HB feeders,...too many bats and Bees.

GTC

just curious,

do you put up bat houses?
Bat houses ?

....probably should, by way of Bug control. I'm a bit concerned about their guano attracting kissing bugs and the attendant risk of Chaga's.

GTC
Yeah, cedar / cypress boxes for em.

Claim a single bat will eat 1/3 it's weight in insects a night.
I don't mind the bats.

Unless they are under my porch pissing down the walls. wink
Firebush
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Firebush

Everyone is drawn to redheads. smile
© 24hourcampfire