Home
I have used up my last matches. I have scouted the usual places I would normally buy strike anywhere matches at, including hardware stores, Tractor Supply, Grocery stores and even on line, no luck.

Anybody else using these? Where are you buying?
http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Anywhere-Matches-Pack-boxes/dp/B001PIEFOS

There are lots of other options on there, if your looking for something different.
These can only be bought in Canada as far as I know, but they are a good match. [Linked Image]
Thanks Gents,

I did do the Amazon search previously and did not find that link. Looks like they are still manufactured, now just to decide where/how I will buy them.

Like the look of those Redbirds. Retro Classic..
The last ones I bought were from a regional chaim groceryt store called Cub Foods. They are Diamond brand and there was a bunch of them on the shelf. They were in the housewares section.

Other places I have seen them have been cigar shops. These were much more expensive but the packaging was much more ornate. Another place to look are places specializing in fireplace accessories.
The Ace Hardware chain stores in this area have strike anywhere matches.
Appreciate the additional suggestions.
They are available in many places up here but none of today's brands will compare to the old Ohio Blue Tip.

I still carry a Marbles Match Safe when in the woods.
What ever you get buy more than you think you will need, cause only about one in three will strike
Originally Posted by VernAK

I still carry a Marbles Match Safe when in the woods.

Love 'em!

[Linked Image]

We can still get strike anywheres here at local grocery chain. However many of the larger cities here have ordinances against their sale withing their corporate limits.
© 24hourcampfire