Home
Posted By: byron New(to me) tractor - 04/08/17
In our quest for a tractor, we discovered an acquaintance of ours was getting ready to upgrade to a larger size tractor, and had a John Deere 4105 for sale. It came with loader, blade, brushhog, and post hole auger. Also came with the E Tach(?) and a rack of weights.
I've used it so far only to clean out the horse corrals, but I really liked it for the task. Very maneuverable, and a lot more comfortable than the skid steer on an old guys back.
So far, color me tickled!
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/08/17
Sounds like a nice rig.

But just like any toy, we're going to need to see some pics.
Posted By: blanket Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/08/17
If it works for you and you are happy, then that is all that matters. I like a tractor better than a skidsteer myself
Posted By: woods_walker Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/08/17
I have a JD 4105 as well. I use mine for mowing and harrowing pastures and some loader and grounds work.
Posted By: stantdm Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/08/17
They are great tractors for what goes on with maintaining a corral, mowing, hauling manure for the garden and so on.
Posted By: byron Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/09/17
SP, Sorry but I don't do pictures.

Mowing, drilling post holes, moving 3x3 bales, cleaning corrals, and lite tilling is what I bought it for.

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/09/17
Tractors in that HP range a useful as hell!

You'll like it!
Posted By: hanco Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/11/17
Is that a 40 hp
Posted By: blanket Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/11/17
yep
Posted By: byron Re: New(to me) tractor - 04/11/17
Yeah, Specs say 41 hp.

Rockinbbar, your right, I already love it:) After using it some, I can't believe I was even considering a old tractor with a regular standard transmission. Love the HST!
© 24hourcampfire