Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Hot and Dry - 05/14/17
Again here.

Dusty. Grass is curling up.

I swear, it's either feast or famine with the rain here. Either too wet to plow, or too dry to ranch.

I've come to the conclusion there ain't no happy medium. smile

Hope it rains soon. If not, I'll have to brush up on my Rain Turtle making skills again. grin
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Hot and Dry - 05/14/17
We got a whopping 1/8" rain night before last. And as another fire member says "and two feet of thunder and lightening!"

Dry again. Gotta water the garden.
Posted By: Steve Re: Hot and Dry - 05/14/17
We're on track for a record water year (Oct-Sept). Absolutely poured yesterday. Gladly send you some if I could.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hot and Dry - 05/14/17
Didn't pour everywhere but we had some serious showers in a few locations. Hail and grapple too out here in E WA. Farmers are still trying to get spring crops in. Winter wheat is showing some rust in certain fields. Most everyone hoping for some drying out soon.

Our place in NE Cali is already 1.65 " above normal for the water year and it hasn't stopped there yet. Of course, it's dry sagebrush/juniper habitat so a bit more water this year won't hurt things as there may not be much next year.

Geno
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Hot and Dry - 05/14/17
There's some rain in the 15 day forecast now.

We'll see if it holds. wink
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Hot and Dry - 05/15/17
We're in good shape here. Not too much, and just enough to keep things growing good. Of course, this being Kentucky, things can change in a hurry.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hot and Dry - 05/28/17
Looks like it may rain today, I was going to Burnet to fill feeders, maybe catch some pigs, but the forecast wasn't all that good. Shows better next weekend.
© 24hourcampfire