Home
Posted By: Apparition Pipeline equipment pad - 09/03/17
So the pipeline company and I have come to an agreement on another pipeline through my property, now they would like to put an equipment and pipe pad on it, Ive been searching and I have no idea what the going rate is for something like that, anyone have any info?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Pipeline equipment pad - 09/03/17
Depends on how big it is will be, and the access to it.

Does it require a road to access it? How much of your land will it take up, percentage wise?

It also varies from area to area how much they pay. How much did the landman offer? Bear in mind, if you get too high they will just go find a neighbor that will take them up on it.

I used to mitigate these things for Marathon Oil...
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Pipeline equipment pad - 09/03/17
At the very minimum, if you have it in crops ,how much will you lose? What sort of reclaiming will they do and guarantee it?
Posted By: Apparition Re: Pipeline equipment pad - 09/03/17
My property is 101 acres, the pad they want to clear .85 of an acre, there already is a private road to it, which I also have to figure out how much to charge for the use. Its all mountain land, no one else in within 3 miles has a road much less the the kinda of road that would support their equipment so Im not worried about them going anywhere else, not to mention that flat land is at a premium. The property resides in the northern panhandle of WV.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Pipeline equipment pad - 09/04/17
I've seen the price be pretty high.

Term of contract is also a consideration. All that stuff has an expiration on it. The longer the time, the higher the cost.
Posted By: Apparition Re: Pipeline equipment pad - 09/04/17
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I've seen the price be pretty high.

Term of contract is also a consideration. All that stuff has an expiration on it. The longer the time, the higher the cost.

That is a concern of mine, they are looking for a year with another year option, add to that the limited availability of any other suitable land, the price is going to be pretty steep.
Ask for as much as you can.....
© 24hourcampfire