Home
Posted By: wabigoon MidWest Rain. - 10/07/17
We have it. You folks have, or need rain?
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/08/17
Dumped and even 5 inches from a gauge at one farm and 4-90 form another....sure put the halt to harvest here but we really need the rain....seen some huge crackles in the bean fields...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/08/17
Green here now. Grass is growing really fast, heading out. Lots of grass seed up in the air right now.

That can change pretty quickly though. It doesn't take sandy country long to get dry.
Posted By: carlm Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/08/17
We're good thanks. Got 6.5" Thursday-Saturday.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/08/17
It's dry, down here in NW La. We got 1/10" Tuesday and that was the first sprinkle in over a month. We didn't get any rain in Sept.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/08/17
It's been dry here for about 3 weeks. We have gotten about 2 1/2 inches of rain today from Nate. Supposed to get some more Monday and Tuesday from another front. Wish it would cool off. Pastures needed the water, and I need to sow some seed soon, so was glad to get the moisture.
Posted By: hanco Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/12/17
Getting dry here in Texas. Harvey rain is dried up!
Posted By: sjphillips Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/16/17
We got another 3 inches here yesterday Wabigoon.You get any up north?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/16/17
We hope to go on beans Monday. Not the best weather lately.
Posted By: sjphillips Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/16/17
We cut about 80 acres of beans then it rained 2 inches last week,so we put corn head on and shelled about 30 acres.About stuck combine in terrace friday before this last rain.See how it goes tommorrow?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/17/17
I just got out of the combine, a good half day. We need a lot of good days.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/17/17
7.5 " here in Eastern Ne and SW Iowa last week in 24 hrs after a long dry spell..Combines have stopped water is still standing in some fields.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/17/17
That is not good Flyboy. Too much of a good thing, is not so good. Wishing for the best for all.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: MidWest Rain. - 10/17/17
It's really dry down here. Last good rain was the first week of August. Since then, we've had about 1/2" all total. Harvey missed us, well actually we got about 1/4"... not enough to do any good. It didn't even sprinkle in Sept. and only 1/10" in Oct.

Good thing is I dont have to cut the grass and all the farmers can get in the fields. As far as I know, all the corn is cut, they are about thru with the beans (probably are thru by now) and steadily working on the cotton. By the end of the week, they should just about have it all in.
© 24hourcampfire