Home
Posted By: wabigoon Rock Bucket. - 12/09/17
I hope it works, and I also hope it's built heavy enough. [Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
Looks great, just go easy. The mounting looks stout enough, but is there enough to keep it from bending laterally?
Posted By: BamBam Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
What size rocks? 4/8 inch? What type size machine?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
If a rock is really large, I should use the regular bucket to root it out at least. The loader is the Cat IT28 in the moving hay thread.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
Interesting. The women and children hereabouts clean the fields. laugh

Why the serrated edge on the two outside pieces?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
I don't know Oak. I asked the local machinist blacksmith about build a rock bucket, and he told me I could buy one cheaper. I bought this, and had the shop redo the mounting. What I'd like, and what I can afford are to often two different things.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/10/17
Originally Posted by roundoak

Why the serrated edge on the two outside pieces?

Roots?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/11/17
It looks as though it may work. Cornstalks like to come along.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/11/17
For several years I bounced the plow over a rock that was about a foot below the surface. Finally I decided to get it out. After digging around it for a while, I called the neighbor kids to take a turn on the shovels. It turned out to be roughly four feet long, three feet high and about two feet thick. We strapped it up good and had to use a payloader to lift it out. I think it's still sitting on the corner of the lawn.
Posted By: hanco Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/14/17
I built one almost 20 years ago, I modified a case tractor bucket. It worked well on a 580 Case backhoe. Farmer cleared lots of rocks with it.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/14/17
I guess I'm lucky.

NO rocks here at all. Don't even look for a small one to kill a snake. There aren't any. wink
Posted By: roundoak Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/14/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It looks as though it may work. Cornstalks like to come along.[Linked Image]

What is the fair market price for rocks this year? grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rock Bucket. - 12/14/17
Well Oak, if you have enough of the right size, a lot money. Of course, it's the idea of NOT, breaking machinery.

Methinks you know that.
© 24hourcampfire