Home
Posted By: wabigoon Feeding Cows - 12/23/17
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Feeding Cows - 12/23/17
Feeding down here, too!

But, I think my chore is a bit warmer than yours... laugh
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Feeding Cows - 12/23/17
No snow here. I haul out enough hay to last about a week. The past 24 hours have been a steady rain, and I knew the ground would be soaked, so I hauled out enough Wednesday to last until Christmas, or the day after. That way, hopefully the ground will settle up and not be mud.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Feeding Cows - 12/23/17
I remember one day when I climbed up the ladder, ducked through the open door into the silo, took the pick and knocked loose enough to throw down, climbed down, walked down the bunk spreading it out, then having one of the heads with stub horns come swinging around and catching me on the back of the thigh. That's as close as I want to come to bull fighting.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Feeding Cows - 12/28/17
Same cows, more hay.[Linked Image]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Feeding Cows - 12/28/17
How cold is it getting down to at night there, Richard?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Feeding Cows - 12/28/17
Barry,I think it hit 12 below, or so.If the waterers don't freeze, the machines run, and the power stays on, it's not so bad.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
Pretty chilly though!

Gonna get below freezing here for the next week. That's pretty cold for down here, when some winters it doesn't drop below freezing.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
We've had below freezing temps for 3 days now, low of 9, windchill of -4. Supposed to get about 35 tomorrow, then cold for the next week, with temps not above freezing. I wish it would snow.
Posted By: sjphillips Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
How many cows?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
Originally Posted by sjphillips
How many cows?

grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
Me an' the son, an' the bank ? I guess I'll neither brag or complain. Plenty at feeding time, not enough when we sell fat cattle.

Not meaning to be a smart Alack.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Feeding Cows - 12/29/17
Originally Posted by wabigoon
.... Not meaning to be a smart Alack.

Oh sure, leave that all for me.
wink
© 24hourcampfire