Home
Posted By: wabigoon My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/19/18
So, I may have mislead you folks a bit. We used to have two of these, and I don't know where the other is. This one was bent from using a loader,(blush), and patched up. My father bought them from a local blacksmith for $1.25 each. It is light because it was made from a driveshaft, tube, not solid. We use it a lot! [Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/19/18
I thought this was about dance halls.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/19/18
I would call that a pinch bar.
on the rig it was a "5 foot bar"

solid, you could get raunchy with it.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/24/18
Went to the Stagecoach Ballroom in Fort Worth last Saturday to see Eddy Raven.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/24/18
My bar has no cover charge.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/27/18
I've got Grandpa's old bar. Solid, 1 1/4" or so, 5 ft long. Point on one end, hammered wide flat on the other, it's seen a lot of use over the last 100 or so years. Used it many a time to get through rock when digging post holes. I think I heard at one time it started out as a Model A truck axle?
There's another that may of been a railroad iron at one time. 1 3/4" or so square with one end rounded to an edge, the other end drops down to about an inch dia. for 3 ft or so.
Mine looks a lot like that except it's solid. Tamping posts with it will give you a workout!

Ed
Posted By: wabigoon Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/27/18
That's what make that bar nice, hollow tube. I wish I could find a couple more for the $1.25 it cost.

I have no idea what the driveshaft was?
Posted By: rem141r Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 01/27/18
Originally Posted by Ole_270
I've got Grandpa's old bar. Solid, 1 1/4" or so, 5 ft long. Point on one end, hammered wide flat on the other, it's seen a lot of use over the last 100 or so years. Used it many a time to get through rock when digging post holes. I think I heard at one time it started out as a Model A truck axle?
There's another that may of been a railroad iron at one time. 1 3/4" or so square with one end rounded to an edge, the other end drops down to about an inch dia. for 3 ft or so.

sounds like mine. its been in the family for at least 50 years, no idea where it came from. its just right, not too heavy, yet heavy and stiff enough to pry or dig with. i have another one that is about 6 ft and flat on one end and a big nail head on the other. its ok for digging but too springy for prying. i think its made in china.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 02/01/18
You can’t beat a good bar
sure you can. and it will take it.....
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 02/01/18
We have a couple of 5 foot sections of octagonal bars. I think they were from an old rock drilling machine.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 02/01/18
"Two men walk into a bar, the third one ducks"
Posted By: 22250rem Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 02/06/18
Back in the 1950's and early 60's my grandfather had his bar out in his workshop building out back. I forgot exactly what it looked like but I remember it came from a 1923 chevy. He also had a utility trailer made from the front axle and a section of the frame from that very same car. The car had been junked a long time and during the early 1940's he pulled off the stuff he wanted to use and gave the rest of it to one of those WWII scrap drives according to what he told me back then.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 02/07/18
Going back to see TG Shepard this weekend.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Favorite Country Bar. - 03/01/18
Going to see Cody Jenks Friday night, Jason Boland at the Coupland Ballroom on Saturday night
© 24hourcampfire