Home
Posted By: wabigoon Rain? - 06/25/18
Too much, too little? Just right? "Farmers lose three crops a year", how are you doing?
Posted By: sjphillips Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
You get in on that big rain up by Storm Lake ? Think it was yesterday?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
Had over 6" last week.

Got another shower this morning. Not much, but enough to keep the grass growing! smile

The dadburn Skeeters are out in FORCE now though. As much as I hate Deep Woods Off, I hate skeeters more, so I just stink all day...
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
It's hitting here just right. I just came from the garden where I dug some potatoes and pulled some sweet corn. The ground was almost too wet to dig in, but I want to sell some at the produce auction, so had to do it. It's been coming some big rains to our north and to our south, and we're getting good showers ever few days, enough to keep everything nice and green.

Forecast is for mid 90's the rest of the week, and a few showers. If it get's that hot, we'll be needing some water. Crops here look really good, though most of the corn was planted few weeks later than normal. We like to have it tasseled out by July 4th, then a good rain or two will make the crop.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
We have been in NW Ontario for a week. Our son said 4" in Iowa at our place.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had over 6" last week.

Got another shower this morning. Not much, but enough to keep the grass growing! smile

The dadburn Skeeters are out in FORCE now though. As much as I hate Deep Woods Off, I hate skeeters more, so I just stink all day...

Ya need to try the repel sportsman dry,25% deet,it works great cheaper and dont smell near as bad.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Rain? - 06/25/18
I have enough cans of the Deep Woods Dry to last me awhile.

They had a $2 off deal that HEB today. Wife brought home 5 cans. laugh

Went to feed the cattle and ended up coming back for fly/mosquito spray. They were literally getting eaten alive. Covered from head to toe.

That concentrated spray I use knocks 'em down though. Cows were happier.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rain? - 06/25/18

our rain is in a 5" pipe........

till res gets too low.........

hope the summer T storms amount to sumthing.........

or we're screwed

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire