Home
Posted By: roundoak Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
The jet-set horse people are paying $6.00 per kicker bale hay. No weeds, no rain.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Don't spend it all in one place Oak. laugh
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
How many bales in a ton?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Those jet-setters would have a heart attack if they saw me feeding my horses round bales. Let's see............last year I paid $50 for a round bale, and that would have been only 8 square bales at $6 a bale.......so do the math.

Now, I know that they do things entirely different from me, and give their horse the royal treatment. If I were you, I'd make all the money I could off them. You may as well get it, rather than someone else.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Small squares are going for $15-$17 each here, 65 pounds. 3 x 3 x 8's are $130.I have to pick up some weed free certified hay next week.Afraid to even ask the price of that
Posted By: roundoak Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
How many bales in a ton?

45-50 bales per ton
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Originally Posted by roundoak
How many bales in a ton?

45-50 bales per ton

Back when I was in high school, I would say that the guy that I worked for somehow managed to make them about 10 to the ton.
grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
John, each hay thread seems to scare you out a years growth! laugh shocked
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
How many bales in a ton?

45-50 bales per ton

Those are pretty light bales then. Around here,standard is 33 about a 60 #Bale, Don't doubt they sell that cheap then.Of course the horsey crowd around here would never know the difference
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/28/18
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John, each hay thread seems to scare you out a years growth! laugh shocked

Damnable stuff! wink
Posted By: roundoak Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/29/18
Originally Posted by saddlesore
How many bales in a ton?

45-50 bales per ton

Those are pretty light bales then. Around here,standard is 33 about a 60 #Bale, Don't doubt they sell that cheap then.Of course the horsey crowd around here would never know the difference

They are just about right weight for my Sperry-New Holland 311 baler (circa 1988), it is no spring chicken. grin Plus, the jet-set likes them for moving in and around horse stalls. Most women and kids can handle them well.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ironbender Re: Easy Money !!! - 09/30/18
I’d take a van load!
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Easy Money !!! - 11/10/18
A friend of mine sells brome hay for 6 dollars a bale...string tied and light ...funny thing is the horse women request them that way they can't lift the heavy wire tied baled.
Posted By: andy57 Re: Easy Money !!! - 11/18/18
Funny how some city women baby their horses these days. I had horses for years and they were well taken care of.I never kept them in blankets and pampered them like the ones I see today these fancy women have . It is almost hilarious to listen to them
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Easy Money !!! - 11/19/18
Originally Posted by andy57
Funny how some city women baby their horses these days. I had horses for years and they were well taken care of.I never kept them in blankets and pampered them like the ones I see today these fancy women have . It is almost hilarious to listen to them

Crazy horse women are worse than crazy cat women.

And their pets are far, far more expensive.
© 24hourcampfire