Home
Posted By: Tarkio Barn Lights - 12/09/18
Wiring an open-faced shed that I closed in so the kids had a barn to house their FFA and 4H animals in.

Now that it is closed up, we need to get lights installed.

Suggestions for good lights that would work well. Would maybe like LEDs or something of the sort. Good strong light without pulling a lot of power.
Posted By: kellory Re: Barn Lights - 12/09/18
Is it for daytime lighting, or nighttime lighting, or both? Light wells or skylights are little cost after installation.
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Barn Lights - 12/09/18
Need good lighting, day and night. Kids clip and fit a lot in the barn so we need to be able to get good strong light throughout the area.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Barn Lights - 12/09/18
The "lights" in most of the barns that I remember seemed to actually make the place darker when they were turned on. Seems as if the fly specks and the cobwebs were in a competition of some sort.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Barn Lights - 12/11/18
LED `fluorescents'.

Low power use, lots of light, low price, work in the cold.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Barn Lights - 12/11/18
Just put up 6 panels of LED in my barn. Area is 30x40 and it is bright in there. They are 12' off the ground. Seem pretty nice.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Barn Lights - 12/11/18
Originally Posted by 30338
Just put up 6 panels of LED in my barn. Area is 30x40 and it is bright in there. They are 12' off the ground. Seem pretty nice.

You have a link of what type panels you used?

Thanks.
Posted By: hanco Re: Barn Lights - 01/16/19
I need LED lights too, I’m tired of changing bulbs and ballasts.
Posted By: captbutch Re: Barn Lights - 01/20/19
Originally Posted by hanco
I need LED lights too, I’m tired of changing bulbs and ballasts.

You can buy direct wire LED bulbs that don't require a ballast...They install in your regular fluorescent fixtures. Pretty simple. I just changed them in my gun room.

Butch
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Barn Lights - 01/20/19
Yeah. Those are pretty bright.
Posted By: kalbrecht Re: Barn Lights - 01/21/19
I just install ceramic light sockets, then screw LED bulbs in them. Cheap to install and cheap to run.
Posted By: HarleyHutch Re: Barn Lights - 01/22/19
LED anything
© 24hourcampfire