Home
Posted By: sharp_things Shed Foxes - 05/28/19
Once again, a family of foxes have taken up residence under one of my sheds so I set up a trail cam at the entrance to monitor their comings and goings.

Then I waited until dusk and snuck up to the shed with a camera. I wired squirrel #106 to a stake to capture their interactions.

Yesterday I wired squirrel #107 and reset the trail cam.

FY1, squirrel #106 and #107 is the current tally of tree rats Ive taken since I waged war on them in Sept 2017 in an attempt to make my garden great again. I grow a container garden on my patio and the tree rats either dug up the pots/seeds causing me to re-plant 4 times or the waited until the plants came up and snipped them off. I discovered this after setting up trail cams to try and figure out what was destroying my plantings. Normally I eat the tree rats (of my extended family eats them) but I thought I would use a few to get fox footage.
Posted By: Reba Re: Shed Foxes - 05/28/19
Anything that kills rodents is good!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Shed Foxes - 06/04/19
Awesome!
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Shed Foxes - 06/06/19
Dr. Hess?
Posted By: WillARights Re: Shed Foxes - 06/06/19
Reds are really fantastic.

When you catch a glimpse of one in a greened up woods, you cant believe how vibrantly colored they are. Hard to beleive they survive.

And you never see them long enough to be satisfied.

Cool vids. Glad you posted them.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Shed Foxes - 07/14/19
Sharp, Which state is the greatest of the 50? (Where do you live?) A friend had one in Maine that would come take hot dogs out of their hands, Wouldn't come to me but he didn't know me.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Shed Foxes - 07/16/19

Seems I'll always pass on a Fox.........why.....?

Coyotes ? hell no !
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Shed Foxes - 07/17/19
Foxes are good mousers.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Shed Foxes - 07/17/19
DO NOT LET ANY HARM COME TO THAT FOX!

I can't even imagine what Roger would do to you.

Remember Rogers tomahawk? Your head holding said tomahawk?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Shed Foxes - 07/17/19
Foxes are good mousers, but I'd rather have turkeys and quail. Foxes are bad for ground nesting birds, so the foxes don't get a break around here.

Of course, when the fox population is low, the rabbits flourish. So, I have to control the rabbits to keep them out of the garden. .22 lr is handy for garden pest control duties.
© 24hourcampfire