Home
Posted By: Torqued Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
I was going to post on the hunters campfire, but it is pretty busy on that board right now with all the political bashing going on. Didn't want to disturb those guys right now. Just stumbled onto this site last week,decided to join. Live near Truman Lake in Missouri,we have a small piece of ground. Wife has her hay burners,working on a few cows now. I spend as much time as work and life will allow hunting,fishing,trapping,shooting. Well you know. Rural living looks like a place I will visit regularly. Anyhow,I won't ramble any longer. Just saying hello!
Posted By: cowdoc Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Welcome!- I too enjoy Rural Living- the subjects of discussion are interesting and the posters seem to be fairly decent human beings.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Hello newbie. Welcome
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Welcome aboard !!!

Some of the rest of us is country punkins too...……….

Off the front porch this morning :

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Out the bedroom window:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Welcome!

Sit back and join in!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Yes! A hearty welcome from myself as well. Grow a thick skin before you go up to that freak show up stairs. When you do, don't let the bullies get to you.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Welcome
Posted By: saskfox Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Welcome. This forum is a good place to get ideas from other members and try to give someone help or advice if they are having problems.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/02/20
Quite a difference between this introduction, and some of the grand entrances made on the freak show.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/03/20
Originally Posted by cowdoc
Welcome!- I too enjoy Rural Living- the subjects of discussion are interesting and the posters seem to be fairly decent human beings.

Copy that, cowdoc.

Welcome Torqued!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/03/20
Good folks down here.
Posted By: skinner Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/03/20
Welcome fellow Show Me Stater!
Posted By: Torqued Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/05/20
Nice view there yoder 409. I see coyotes and bobcats coming in to a call and dying. Varmint blood looks really good on fresh snow !
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/05/20
Good evening Tor, pull up a milk stool. Tell us more about yourself. You can call me Richard. what does your mother call you?
Posted By: Yoder409 Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/05/20
Originally Posted by Torqued
Nice view there yoder 409. I see coyotes and bobcats coming in to a call and dying. Varmint blood looks really good on fresh snow !

Thank ye, sir.

The view, IMO, is a good bit better colored in green...……………...but...………...it's always awesome to pull the curtains back first thing outa bed in the morning !!!

No bobcats, to speak of, just right here yet...…………….but there may have been a few yotes met their maker within the frame of that picture. The Swift can handily touch a good portion of the real estate in that pic.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/06/20
Well Richard not really much to tell. Mom named me Dion after one of her favorite singers from her teenage years. Live near Truman Lake,I like a little.deer hunting,turkey hunting,fishing as much as I can and varmint hunting whenever possible. Work generally screws up all the above. I work construction,heavy industrial. Millwright, do a most of my work in the car plants and what's left of the remaining coal burners.
Oh and the chances of you ever hearing me say anything much good about ANY politician regardless of what letter the have next to their name is very slim. I think they are counterfeit bottom feeders. That'll probably piss plenty off on this site i am sure. But i guess they prob had the flu once and got over that.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes! A hearty welcome from myself as well. Grow a thick skin before you go up to that freak show up stairs. When you do, don't let the bullies get to you.

Good advice, that.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/07/20
Yes guys it is great advice. After 25+years of working construction my feeler has pretty much turned into a black hole. I do get a lot of good laughs from the guys upstairs for various reasons. But I can't stay away from the Rural Living threads.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/07/20
Good idea, the freak show moves fast, and rapid. Insulting seems to bring prestige for some.

My advise is just be yourself.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/07/20
Wabigoon I lived in Iowa for a few years. Grand Junction to be exact. Spent a lot of time on Lake Winnasaga not far outside of Ear Falls Ca. As well. Miss the walleye fishing up there for sure. Haven't missed the winter in central Iowa though. A national forest in central Iowa is a section of corn. They hate trees around those parts. Lol
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
I just wanted to say hello also, I am new to site my self, like it down here much better, I think I am not ready for prime time either, I have posted on hunters and said more than I should have ,I like country folks!!!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Angus, put on your iron suit, get up on the freak show, all you need to do is agree with me all the time. laugh
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Wabigoon I do agree , you are another Rancher I have always admired , like your pics of y'all of working cattle, you have a lot of hardships we don't have down here in south, except our droughts, I know I bristle up a little at dickheads , I will learn, wear stuff on my sleeve....thanks a lot
Good folks is good folks, keep the faith.
Angus, you are starting me thinkin; on this old song,
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
What two wires crossed in order for you to play that song Richard??

You lost me on that one!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Jim, you're too young to even remember that song...... at least when it came out. laugh

Welcome fellers!
Posted By: Torqued Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Thanks oldman.
That song was a little before my time too. I remember my mom trying to wear that 45 out though.
Jim, our new friend is shy about going out in public, so to speak.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Jim, our new friend is shy about going out in public, so to speak.

Okay.....I got ya.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/08/20
Originally Posted by Torqued
I was going to post on the hunters campfire, but it is pretty busy on that board right now with all the political bashing going on. Didn't want to disturb those guys right now. Just stumbled onto this site last week,decided to join. Live near Truman Lake in Missouri,we have a small piece of ground. Wife has her hay burners,working on a few cows now. I spend as much time as work and life will allow hunting,fishing,trapping,shooting. Well you know. Rural living looks like a place I will visit regularly. Anyhow,I won't ramble any longer. Just saying hello!

Torqued,

First, welcome.

Second.............there is nothing you can do to "disturb" a good portion of the crowd up there...................they are already very disturbed. Very!

Geno

PS, I should spend more time down here, mostly good folks and the politics are usually left behind, as they should be in casual conversation with friends.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Newbie saying hello. - 02/14/20
If we don't get something moving down here Rick might rent the space out.
© 24hourcampfire