Home
Posted By: RickyBobby Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Local farmer hooked me up with some aged sheep poo today! Hauled a 16ft trailer full home and unload and spread by hand. Lots of damn work but should be totally worth it when the veggies start growing! Can’t wait to till it in and get to planting. I also had time to plant strawberries today in one of my raised beds. Wife has been after me to dedicate one strictly to strawberries so I finally gave in! Glad garden season is finally upon us. 😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Looks like a great start to your garden this year.

Congratulations.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Manure makes a very good fertilizer. I put both chicken and horse manure on my gardens. I'd say you're on the right track to grow some good stuff.
Posted By: keystoneben Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Looks like chit!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Careful not to get a small area so rich that it burns what you are trying to grow.

I knew a guy that did that a few years back. Killed everything he tried growing for awhile.
Posted By: RickyBobby Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Careful not to get a small area so rich that it burns what you are trying to grow.

I knew a guy that did that a few years back. Killed everything he tried growing for awhile.

The manure is aged(several years old) and I moved my garden to a new location a few years back when we built a new house so this is 1st time I’ve ever added anything to my soil ... I should be okay
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
"Jack, and the Beanstalk"?
Posted By: RickyBobby Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Jack, and the Beanstalk"?

Hope so! Lol
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

When I was a kid, my dad made that mistake with some fresh mule chit.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Black Gold! - 04/04/20
Our pile of turkey litter from a year ago. That was good for about 90 acres. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire