Home
Posted By: JimHnSTL Hitting the farm pond - 07/24/20
So I’m going stir crazy these days and tomorrow morning I’m headed out with Forrest in tow (our black lab) and head out to a buddy of mine place. I’m going to catch Bluegill and bass while they hit and then later in the day take a nap in the shade. Fish fry for dinner and a few cold beverages. This may not sound like a lot but a few months ago I didn’t know if I was going to live through my COVID episode. I haven’t done anything since last February so I’m as happy as a cat with two peckers. Take pleasure in the simple things when you can, tomorrow might make them impossible things.
Cheers
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/25/20
Don't seem to exist in the west, but I spent hours and hours on great ponds as a kid in Va.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/25/20
Go get um,You need the break. And as ya said every day ya wake up and see green,its a dang good day. Congrats on the recovery,and we will need some picts.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/25/20
Sounds therapeutic, enjoy!
Posted By: woodson Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/25/20
Jim were you successful today?
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/25/20
Did you take any photos to share? Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/26/20
No photos but I did enjoy some success. Bluegills and bass both were cooperative. I was hampered a bit though by Forrest our black lab. He wanted to retrieve every fish I threw back into the water. He’s a knucklehead but lovable as hell.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/26/20
My Lab wanted to lunge and snap at every drop of water that flew off the kayak paddles. He weighed nearly 80 pounds of lovable knucklehead and thought swimming along with me while I tried to right the kayak was great fun.... he also wanted to retrieve bass plugs.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Hitting the farm pond - 07/26/20
Forrest is 85lbs and fairly solid. I took him on his first canoe trip last fall and he did pretty good. There was one incident however that almost got me tipped when he bolted out of the canoe to join some folks having fun on shore.
Sure felt good doing something outdoors this weekend and I can’t wait for fall.
© 24hourcampfire