Home
Posted By: Big Sky Variety Is The Spice of Life! - 11/09/20
It has been a good year with a variety of trout and even a bass or two. Here are just a few highlights. Hope you guys enjoy the visual break from whatever it was you were doing today.

Tiger Trout caught on a marabou jig.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Brookie

Smallie on the fly rod.

Solid rainbow on the fly rod.

A pair of big male kokanee salmon caught on a marabou jig.

Killer male brown I caught just a couple weeks ago caught on a marabou jig.

Last but not least one of the coolest looking trout I've ever caught. This is a Colorado Cutthroat in his spawn colors.Caught on a marabou jig.
Awesome trout and great photos!
Marabou jig is my favorite lure in moving water; widely overlooked by the masses.
Thats some great pics, and to think I thought king mackrel had some wickid teeth those salmon are wild looking.
Leesway2, it hurts like a sonuva gun if they get a tooth or two in your hand or fingers. I can speak from experience. Instantly shreds your skin.
I regret that I never tried jigs, curly tails or crank baits where they could be worked!

Barring some really good luck/change in circumstance, I guess any trout fishing is out for the rest of my days.
Great Pics of Beautiful fish
BSky, those are absolutely Beautiful fish, Thk you for posting them , it's shows your talent for catching them also !!! Happy Thanksgiving Day !!!.
Trout on a jig is one if my favorite things! I set a drift over suspended fish and have a ball.
Outstanding photo work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT stuff Troy!
Sitka coming from you that means a lot to me. Thank you!
What awesome pics
Wish I was there
Hank
Beautiful pics and awesome fish!! Great work! I hadn't discovered jigs until the late 1980's when I went thru some not so successful back surgery. Stuck in the house for almost a year, I built a rod and got into painting and tying jigs that basically looked like flies. On a trip back from the doctors one day I decided to stop at a small gravel pit lake right off the highway. My first cast with the homemade jig and rod and I caught myself cranking it like a crankbait! lol I cast again and watched the line as it sank to the bottom. Just as soon as it neared the bottom, bingo fishon! I ended up catching 13 perch from 12 to 14 inches!!! I was amazed and pissed all at once wondering how I had missed using jigs for so darned long! Been hooked on them ever since! (pun intended)

Great work Big Sky!! I may make it back to Montana in a few months visiting a very old friend and maybe camping for a few months near Noxon. Maybe see ya on a stream (if it ain't to far from the parking, backs still messed up but it ain't gonna control me any longer!) These great pics sure have brightened my day! Thanks!!
© 24hourcampfire