Home
I'm going to replace the impeller on my 2006 25hp EFI Mercury with electric start and manual trim. My question is on how you disconnect the shift linkage to facilitate dropping the lower unit? Thanks...
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I'm going to replace the impeller on my 2006 25hp EFI Mercury with electric start and manual trim. My question is on how you disconnect the shift linkage to facilitate dropping the lower unit? Thanks...

If you have not yet bothered to buy the factory service and parts manuals, now is not too late.
Every OB I've done that on has a small panel to be
unscrewed and a coupling that is undone to separate
the shift linkage

Best off to invest in a manual as suggested ^ ^ ^ in
a previous post. Saves dollars fixing mistakes
I watch a couple videos before I jump in.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=Awr9Ds4iTNNgzicAb.9XNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3BpdnM-?p=25+HP+4+stroke+Mercury+impellor+replace&fr2=piv-web&fr=mcafee#id=1&vid=0a2e67cfebd6aceeca3e92434cbd6e88&action=view
You-tube is so much faster than looking for a manual
I had a Merc dealer do mine. He was a younger kid, the sone of the owner of the shop. I had him replace it cause the place I always go to was behind 2 weeks. The cost was $165 . Turns out my 25 horse did not go in reverse after the impeller was replaced. I took it back and he fixed it. I go to the lake and it was not fixed. I ran it without reverse all summer and took it to my regular mechanic. Another $153 later , it was fixed. It turns out it had a missing washer . It works now!!!! Just make sure you do it right.
© 24hourcampfire