Home
Posted By: woodson Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
What’s the fire’s experience with the Evinrude E-TECs? Found a boat, not the hull I want and or size but it’s priced very well, likely too well. 2009 Polar Kraft 165sc, not the open concept I want without the casting platforms, trailer and a 2018 E-TEC 75hp (30 some hours) for $5500.

Seems too good to be true even if it’s not exactly what I want. Read some pretty negative reviews on the Evinrudes. Had myself convinced to get a 4-stroke but this may require consideration.
Posted By: woodson Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: MOGC Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
Who services Evinrude now that they are out of business?
Originally Posted by MOGC
Who services Evinrude now that they are out of business?

Woodson great price but mogc hit it hard and are parts availible at all? When evenrude folded they left all their dealers with new inventory that wasn't worth what they paid for it. The corporate part sh*t on everyone involved. That boat would bring double that with a Merc or yamaha the same size on it. Mb
Posted By: walt501 Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
Mercury outboards took over the parts supply for all Evinrude outboards.
I feel like I should check it out and ask for a sea trial. The price has me apprehensive and it isn’t what I want on several levels. The price has me excited.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
I never knew anyone who was on the fence about the Etec after having owned one. They all either thought they were the best thing ever created or they thought they were the worst thing ever hung on a transom.

I hate 2strokes plus it’s not a boat or floor plan that interests you so I’d pass. You’d think you could buy it and flip it but if it’s still available it’s probably for good reason and you’ll end up stuck with it.
I totally agree. I’m gonna pass especially after this response….

Just pizzed you asked about the elephant in the room-the sub par outboard. I know several people who have HAD them. All for one reason or another no longer own them except one hold out whose waiting on the ticking noise to take his out completely. They were extremely popular here in the northwest for a few years then all of the sudden they started disappearing. My guess is they just don’t hold up long term.
Appreciate the insight. Just got off the phone with my step father about the topic. He said I should just buy exactly what I want new.

They want to keep laying off nurses and stay in a perpetual need? I can pay it off rather quick….
Posted By: MOGC Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by TheKid
I never knew anyone who was on the fence about the Etec after having owned one. They all either thought they were the best thing ever created or they thought they were the worst thing ever hung on a transom.

I hate 2strokes plus it’s not a boat or floor plan that interests you so I’d pass. You’d think you could buy it and flip it but if it’s still available it’s probably for good reason and you’ll end up stuck with it.

This is a solid reply. And after that reply I wouldn't try to deal with the guy anyway, odds are good it goes sideways.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Evinrude E-TEC experience? - 10/16/21
Ran one for about 3 years on the Texas coast with no problems.
I have a 2010 E-TEC 150 on my flats boat and it's been a good outboard so far. At 28 mph I get 6mpg, but now I sure wish I'd of bought something different.
© 24hourcampfire