Home
Posted By: Big Sky Anyone From Florida? - 01/19/22
I'm looking for someone that knows about fishing in Florida. I'm especially looking for someone that knows about the invasive species like cichlids, peacock bass, oscars and such.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Anyone From Florida? - 01/20/22
Peacock bass would be fun as hell.
I fished the keys when I lived down there but that was a lifetime ago.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Anyone From Florida? - 01/20/22
YouTube videos. You can literally pull over on the side of the road and catch every oddball species you list and some more. Search Mayan Cichlid fishing. Creek fishing Adventures is a great channel for that. Good luck
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Anyone From Florida? - 01/20/22
I have watched about every video I can find on the subject. I just know my luck though. I'd roll up to a great looking canal or pond, get about 5 minutes into my fishing and have some crazy Karen come yell at me for trespassing. The only thing worse would be fishing in a part of town that isn't safe, but I would be clueless as I've never been to Florida, and I'm just a small town country boy at best.
Posted By: ribka Re: Anyone From Florida? - 01/21/22
Its been over 10 years but I fished the canals around Miami and over on the southwest part of the state. Rent a kayak and explore. You can can snook , pompano, jack off of the beaches right before and at first light
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Anyone From Florida? - 01/21/22
My aunt lived in Orlando. She always made fun of how dumb ocean fish are, she grew up fishing small stream trout. They would save the guts from the fish they caught today to catch fish tomorrow.

I have often thought about just driving to Florida and catching a bunch of different fish just to experience it once
Posted By: Jstocks Re: Anyone From Florida? - 06/20/22
I don’t know about Florida and those species, but one could go to the gulf coast area and catch bass, bream, and catfish on the river or creeks wade fishing, then go speckled trout and reds right down the road. Fishing reds in the marshes can be great!
© 24hourcampfire