Home
Posted By: 10Glocks Your favorite bass lure - 12/28/22
Do you have a lure that produces in all waters, at all times of year? I do. If I gave up every other lure, this is the one I'd keep. Doesn't seem to matter the time of year or water color.

Strike King Rage Tail Space Monkey in green pumpkin (or watermelon) on an Owner 4/0 1/8oz twist lock hook. Fish it like a spinner bait. On the surface fast, or let is sink and retrieve it slow. It's my all time producenest bait.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In blue

Bowfin can tear them up though
Mine is just a grey silver spec curly tail grub on a plain jig head. I make my own plastics. So I’ll get some off my swim bait.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/28/22
Lefty's Puff ball jigs in various colors and trailers depending on time of year
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/28/22
A white ¼ oz., 2 Colorado blade spinnerbait with a yellow curly tail or blue fire tail trailer.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/28/22
Floating jointed Rapala. Love to cast it, have it sit on the surface a few seconds, give it a twitch or 2 and watch them take it off the surface
Posted By: 44mc Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/28/22
a 3 or 4 in. cuban tree frog bass will go crazy on them here
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/29/22
Used to be the Senko but for the past three years it's the Z Man Ned Rig using their mushroom head jig with their 2&3/4" TRD green pumpkin bait. Once it gets hot I like to fish surface lures in the early morning. IME The Rebel Pop R works as well as anything for that and they don't cost you an arm and a leg.

Going to have to try that Strike, King Rage Tail, Space Monkey rig, LOL.. Good photos, thanks.
Posted By: woodson Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Used to be the Senko but for the past three years it's the Z Man Ned Rig using their mushroom head jig with their 2&3/4" TRD green pumpkin bait. Once it gets hot I like to fish surface lures in the early morning. IME The Rebel Pop R works as well as anything for that and they don't cost you an arm and a leg.

Going to have to try that Strike, King Rage Tail, Space Monkey rig, LOL.. Good photos, thanks.

I’m firmly in the same camp also. Hard to beat a senko and a Ned rig.
I have caught bass in every month of the year with a drop shot. It’s not my favorite way to fish, but it gets fish in the boat.
Posted By: efw Re: Your favorite bass lure - 12/31/22
I’m gonna have to try that one out it looks like it’d keep a guy busy.

Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I have caught bass in every month of the year with a drop shot. It’s not my favorite way to fish, but it gets fish in the boat.

Yep I’ve had really good luck drop shorting rubber Hellgrammites, Gulp Leeches, and Gulp minnows.
Originally Posted by efw
I’m gonna have to try that one out it looks like it’d keep a guy busy.

Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

Yep I’ve had really good luck drop shorting rubber Hellgrammites, Gulp Leeches, and Gulp minnows.

If you fish where the bottom is rocky, don’t bother with tie-on sinkers. I just use sections of 1/4 inch lead wire held on with rubber tubing. This way you keep everything but the lead and rubber tube if you snag up.
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Your favorite bass lure - 01/01/23
I like a swim senko too on a 4/0 Gamakatsu.

Posted By: ButchA61 Re: Your favorite bass lure - 01/01/23
3 of my favorites (courtesy of Jann's Netcraft --- create your own lures, assemble them, etc...) www.jannsnetcraft.com
Add split rings, add treble hooks, and they're ready to go! cool

Left: 2" crankbait with smallmouth color. Middle: 3½" long Rapala replica with largemouth color.
Right: My own design/replica of a Mepps Aglia inline spinner, with dressed treble hook.

Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Your favorite bass lure - 01/16/23
My favorite is a white or chartreuse spinner bait for the times of year that I bass fish.
Posted By: huntjinx Re: Your favorite bass lure - 01/16/23
Mepps or roadrunner
Posted By: BubbaG Re: Your favorite bass lure - 01/16/23
strike king bitsy bug and yum craw chunk in either green or black
© 24hourcampfire