Home
Posted By: Big Sky Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
As far as numbers went I've definitely had better summers, but at least the size was there. I will always take quality over quantity!
First up are some really decent sized Bonneville cutthroat trout. All three of these are different fish and all over 20". I averaged about 3 hours of fishing per fish. When targeting bigger trout that just seems to be the norm. Lot's of time and fewer catches, but I don't mind. It's just the price one pays to play the game.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Then I spent some time at a remote mountain lake specifically trying to catch a big tiger trout. Five hours of effort finally paid off and I landed this super nice tiger. It was the only fish I caught in that lake.

Last but not least is this beautiful brown trout. I knew there were some bigger browns in this place, but I never seemed to be able to catch any. Finally after 8 different trips I was able to fool one into biting. Darn beautiful fish in and equally beautiful setting!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Beautiful Troy !
Posted By: SS336 Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Wow! Beautiful fish. Fishing trips to remember for sure. 👍👍
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Thank you!
Very nice. Looks like some fun days.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Beautiful trout
Posted By: ingwe Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Beautiful Troy !

a BIG +1 !!!!!
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/25/23
Your post are never pict heavy. Great catch.
Posted By: rong Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/26/23
Great fish,always enjoy..
Posted By: 1minute Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/26/23
Great images. Fishing technique?
We're you able to release them or did you have a few for dinner?.mb
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/28/23
Every fish was released. I love to catch trout, but I really don't care for the taste of them. If others enjoy eating them and want to keep a few I have no issues with that.
Thanks for sharing.

In MS we catch bass, panfish and catfish.
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/29/23
1minute, I used a variety of methods to catch those fish: jigs, jerk baits, flies, basically whatever I felt would work in various settings.
Posted By: Big Sky Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/29/23
BigDave393, I've fished for and caught all of those. I just like to fish in general. I don't really care if it's for bluegill or halibut, I'm just happy to be out fishing.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Trouta'mania (Pic Heavy) - 08/29/23
Beautiful fish.
© 24hourcampfire