Home
Lets see some boat pics.

Here's my 2008 Ranger 519VX. 200 Evinrude E-Tec HO.
Top end is right at 70 mph with a light load.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here ya go

[Linked Image]

06 Thunderjet Luxor wide, Chev 350, AT sd309 pump w/htr2, qt-400 skid plate, .250 bottom, yada, yada, yada....max speed is 49.7mph
not as many horses....top end about 5mph
[Linked Image]
115 mph

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Tom,

Holy cow that is smokin! How many gallons/mile does that thing run?

RH
Actually I think 2 per mile.

I dont own the boat yet but am interested and looking.
Shack, I'd LOVE to take a ride in that! I've seen them on TV, and they look like a blast!
Originally Posted by Tom264

I don't own the boat yet but am interested and looking.

I figured you'd already have that beak boat at Cumberland by now. wink
I've had a lot of offshore boats, and if there's one thing I can tell anyone as the #1 fact- fuel is BY FAR the cheapest thing in owning one.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by levrluvr

I don't own the boat yet but am interested and looking.

I figured you'd already have that beak boat at Cumberland by now. wink
I wish.....I will be down there June 5th for a little fishing derby my kids will be in....Friday I wont be doing nothing but wishing.........
Originally Posted by levrluvr
I've had a lot of offshore boats, and if there's one thing I can tell anyone as the #1 fact- fuel is BY FAR the cheapest thing in owning one.
Yep...that it is.
115 mph

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Actually I would like to see photo's of the female g-strings this boat lures in.

Post'em up!
Here's the othere extream big water

[Linked Image]

I had a whole bunch of MUCH better photos from this past sumer playing n some big whitewater but my pc crashed and I wound up loosing most that were not backed up! frown
shack- I have thousands of hours flying wave to wave in offshore boats, all of the Great Lakes and both coasts, but I have never had the pleasure of white-water jet boating. It's been on my bucket list for quite a while- that looks like a blast! Is there someplace a boatnut can go to experience this for a day similar to what you can do with rafts and canoeing?
Shack, these wouldnt happen to be those boats that need only 4" of water would they?
Duckworth had some very cool vids on their site. Unfortunately, the quality of the vids or feeds or whatever, was not too good. They were interesting though. I would love to have one of those boats if I lived up in the Pac Northwest. I like a top on a boat, even a fishn'ski like ours. We've actually got a better boat than the one I posted, but I don't have any pics available.
LL- absolutely you could contact our company www.greatriverfishing.com (hope this wasn't a no no) and we can play in the Fraser Canyon. We fish for sturgeon in the canyon and enjoy a day of whitewater running. Although we dont specificaly run whitewater tours, we have a few very experienced operators that would love to just spend a day crashing through the big water.

Tom- Although my boat will slip accross 4" of water, that is still its minimun draft. I can comfortably run 6", for extended periods, but 4" is the point when you start to feel bottom and turning is not much of an option. So in short yes, its one of those boats, but only for quick crossings of gravel beds, shoots, and runs.
Originally Posted by SHACK
LL- absolutely you could contact our company www.greatriverfishing.com (hope this wasn't a no no) and we can play in the Fraser Canyon. We fish for sturgeon in the canyon and enjoy a day of whitewater running. Although we dont specificaly run whitewater tours, we have a few very experienced operators that would love to just spend a day crashing through the big water.

sounds great shack- PLUS I could fish for sturgeon in BC, another thing in my bucket- I lost out on a trip to do that last year to the Columbia River due to health problems.
I'm always up for a thrill on the water- I'm not searching for 'holes in the water' as much as I used to, but I make a point of making a little noise every once in a while cool

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Very nice.
belongs to my doctor buddy but i run it for him. he's been trying to get me to buy it but i can't see doing that right now as i fish on it for free as it is. gets pricey pumping 400 gallons
Going to bring a boat across the Gulf of AK next month from Juneau to Whittier. Should be a great trip across mostly open water with little company... Except maybe some blue bears... and some fish...

But it will be a slow trip at 8-9k.
My boat is a little big for most freshwater use...
[Linked Image]

36' Uniflite sport sedan
1977 wenonah sundowner 18'

[Linked Image]

1972 Aero Craft 17'

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by northern_dave
1977 wenonah sundowner 18'

1972 Aero Craft 17'

best, most reliable propulsion system in a boat I've found yet. I love my canoes. I wish I could use them more.
Very nice Dave. I've got a 17' Alumacraft canoe. Haven't used it in years, but I dragged it out from under the cedars awhile back and it appears to be gtg.
I've got more boats (and motors) than sense, but they've been a hobby of mine, fast or slow, fish or pleasure, for my entire life. Always buying, trading, selling. The only ones that remain consistent are the fishing boats here in the states and at our place in Canada. Once you find what works, you stick with it. Way too many to post; a lot I don't even have digital pics of.

Herter's 14' Model Alaska purchased new back in the early 1970's, North Channel of Lake Huron..I have a 16' Herter's Model Yukon up there as well with a 40hp Johnson, an old Starcraft aluminum 14' with another 18hp, a Stingray ski boat, and a couple of canoes, jet skis, sailboat etc. The family has been going up there since 1957, so accumulating stuff over 53 years time.
We also have an old Starcraft center-console at my uncle's farm near Vermillion, Ohio for walleye fishing. He's 90 now and no longer fishes; I bought the boat, and I'm keeping up the tradition.

Herter's
[Linked Image]

Starcraft
[Linked Image]

the Formula on the Mississippi River south of Dubuque, Ia. Sand bar camping is fun.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
lol I think I saw you out in the middle of Raybob one day. That one's a little too little for me to be out in the middle of the lake on.
I have floated my tackle box and gotten my feet wet more than once in that thing. It will swamp easily but doesn't sink. I have turned it over, that's no fun.
Here's a pic of my 13' Gheenoe.

[Linked Image]
My Great Lakes fishing vessel.....270 SeaRay Amberjack....1986 vintage. She's been mine since new. Too many hours of pleasure to count...:)

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SSB
My Great Lakes fishing vessel.....270 SeaRay Amberjack....1986 vintage. She's been mine since new. Too many hours of pleasure to count...:)

great boat! one of the finest fishing rigs for the Great Lakes; a good friend has one he keeps at Kewaunee, WI for salmon fishing. It's powered by twin 190hp Mercruisers- the large-bore 4-cylinders that are basically 1/2 of a Ford 460 v-8.
Fantastically reliable, fast enough for beat the weather if need be, and great fuel economy. I've wanted one for years, but I get to fish with him enough that I haven't felt the need- right now I have too many other boats scattered around anyway.
I couldn't be without a boat. Been around them my whole life.
Here is my last boat, I hope. Got it new in '84 still looks modern, deep V with bennett trim tabs handles big waves found on many of our large western lakes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here's my little bass fishing ride...

Lowe Stinger 175 with a 60 hp 4-stroke

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What lake is that on, D2D?
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
What lake is that on, D2D?

First lake in the picture at the top is RL Harris aka Wedowee. Bottom picture is Lake Guntersville; both Alabama reservoirs.

This is what $250.00 and a phone call to muledeer will get you...

[Linked Image]
Here's my Lund 1850 Fisherman- 150 Yamaha 4 stroke.

[Linked Image]
Schrapnel,

Where are you boating in that pic? Looks a bit like Earthquake Lake but no dead trees visible. Just curious.....
That is in Little Pybus Bay, Admiralty Island, Alaska.
And here I figured it would be a pic from Montana.....
My personal boat turned charter boat for Lake Michigan.

Attached picture DSC05344 - A2.jpg
My two...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Going to sell the Lund this summer.
Originally Posted by northern_dave

1972 Aero Craft 17'

[Linked Image]

That looks a bit like a campsite on Makwa Lake in the BWCA, but I know few fools are smart enough to go such places.
grin

Some great boats here.

That was taken off a campsite on north end of "bald eagle" lake in BWCA.

Here is the last motor boat we had.

God I miss it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We bought it brand new... what a sweet Lake of the woods boat, perfect MN rig for bigger water. Got the full top with it too.

Very nice. Why'd you sell it? I really like the multi-species aluminum rigs. I've got two fishnskis that have full windshields. I like that aspect.
Nothing fancy but it runs like a top, I can fish just about anywhere, and great on fuel.

[Linked Image]

However, this is my new to me boat from this Spring. So far so good.

[Linked Image]
Both are very nice.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Very nice. Why'd you sell it? I really like the multi-species aluminum rigs. I've got two fishnskis that have full windshields. I like that aspect.

sold it when the stork brought the last of our 3 babies.

We do everything as a family & didn't figure we'd be out on the water for maybe a couple seasons and couldn't justify the payment for a dry boat sitting around looking pretty.

Years later now I guess we just didn't get back into it. We invested in hunting land & built a cabin & we now spend our free time with that stuff.

Hey JDK, sweet crestliner.
Thank you Dave

Somewhat of a funny story. Wasn't even remotely looking for a new boat but was planning to repower my old boat with a new 25 4 stroke. Looked around at prices and just about died. Spoke with a buddy in NH who had this Crestliner for sale. Figured it would be way out of my league. Actually paid less than the cost of a new 4 stoke.

OK not many like mine here this was shot the day she was brand new!!!

60/40 Johnson jet pump 17/52 Flat Bottom Blazer with a ton of diamond plate then I added a 70 lb. MinnKota trolling mtr.

In southern Mo this is a common setup that rules the river....

Flat bottom alluminum with a pump.

[Linked Image]
Took my Grandson out for his first boat driving lesson yesterday...

[Linked Image]

FIRST lesson learned..

......................... "Boat Drivin' is Tiring when your 3 1/2"

He was actually snoring, just like Papa !!

[Linked Image]

I like that Crestliner.
Original Willie Illingsworth, drift boat.
One of the very first he built, before he formed the Alumaweld Company.

[Linked Image]

The mileage is great, but the horsepower ain't what I use'ta be...
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Original Willie Illingsworth, drift boat.
One of the very first he built, before he formed the Alumaweld Company.

[Linked Image]

The mileage is great, but the horsepower ain't what I use'ta be...
Very cool. I like seeing what those in different parts of the country use.
custom rhino jetboat built in va.
125/90 jetoutboard and its for sale in the classifieds

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Man, for a pump that thing is plowing water. Is it not up yet or does it not trim well?
© 24hourcampfire