Home
I fish mostly smaller streams and rivers with ultralight, 4lb test line, spinning tackle. There's a lot of spinners out there but I seem to have the best overall luck with 1/16th oz. (#2) black body with gold blade or yellow with silver Panther Martins. I've gone to single hook models; a lot easier to get out and I don't seem to miss any more strikes.
panther martins smallest ones I can get. HAve never had much luck with roostertails though

black body yellow dots gold blade.
Yellow body orange dots silver blade.

white seems to pull fish when the other 2 favorites dont. After that I just start tossin colors grin

[Linked Image]

Same two, yellow and black, I use. I was wrong on the weight, the #2 size I use is 1/16th oz. Never tried the white.
panther martin and rooster tail dont forget mepps
Brown/gold blade Roostertails...

Orange Flo Roosters

Black Panthers w copper or gold blades
If the black isn't working try a brown/white/orange/blk dots with a black and cream blade, black/brown skirt. (imitates a small crayfish). I've caught a many of smallies and trout in TN, AL and AR. with all of those colors.
[Linked Image]
Panther Martin Black/gold

#2PMRG for fish this size...

[Linked Image]

#4PMRG for fish this size...

[Linked Image]

#6 PMRG for fish this size...

[Linked Image]

Others are the silver/yellow PMs and Im getting to like Rainbow pattern pretty well.. grin
For trout I like 'nymphing' half a night crawler on a #6 or #8 or #10 single hook ......

Or 1/16th or 1/8th oz Panther Martin

Or Vibrax spinner, usually all brass, sizes #0 or #1 unless the stream is 'bigger' and needs a #2 brass Vibrax.

If you can find an old 'Colorado' spinner with half a night crawler, that was damned effective on some Wyoming brookies I got into more than 30 years ago a couple really great uncles showed me. That was my first real experience catching brook trout. (also an excellent table fish! probably my favorite).
Panther Martins in Yellow or orange have worked the best for me. Occasionally black and red.
1/16th or 1/8 ounce Panther Martin, red body with black and yellow blade has been very effect on both rainbows and brooks.
Wow, I guess i'm not the only one.
Panther Martins, yellow body orange dots silver blade
1/16th or 1/8 ounce

I've spent a lot of money trying other combos but this one always works best.

In big water, I'll use a larger silver "Blue Fox".
I have always been a fan of the size 0, 1 and 2 Mepps Aglia silver blade/gold body.

Black/Silver, black/gold, blue/silver, white/silver rooster tails always seem to do well for me too.
Daredevils and Dick Nites
What are "Dick Nites"?

Jeff
I prefer the Panther Martin all gold body. My only complaint is line twist.
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Same two, yellow and black, I use.

Another vote for the Yellow/black with gold blade, 2nd choice is yellow/red with silver blade.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice Brook & Brown. I don't recall ever catching a Brook trout on a Panther Martin. I've caught them in a lake on a yellow Rooster Tail. Seems that trout like some yellow on a spinner body.
We get all four kinds on PMs...I am a classic creek fisherman, got 12 of one kind of lure in my pocket box..( #4PMR-G) and one of another...#4PMR-S

Lately a couple rainbow patterns have snuck in there.... whistle

West Slope Cutt..

[Linked Image]

Rainbow...

[Linked Image]

Another cutt..

[Linked Image]

Rainbow with a rainbow PM..

[Linked Image]
Good photos and some nice trout.
A few nicer ones...courtesy of Panther Martins... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Aw, Jeez, Ingwe, don't post pictures of that creek!
If you can guess any of them...I'll buy you a beer.... wink
Well, one looks close enough to my stomping grounds to be scary
All but one are public..if that helps...the private one is probably the one closest to your stomping grounds.... whistle

but we shall not speak its name on an open forum...or for that matter..any of them grin
Ingwe-the waders you're wearing look like some fly weights, are they still available?

Dober

(this summer right...?)
They are Red Ball flyweights, had them for 25 years, they work great soooooo.....Nope...they arent still available. cry

Breaking in a new fish dog this summer... grin

You might hafta tag along... grin
Favorite spinner - what ingwe said - works great.
I thought they were Red Ball, I had a pair for a long time as well. Need to get another of something or another.

Dober
#0 or #1 Mepps Red/white with gold or silver spinner. Rainbow or yellow w/red spot panther martin. Silver or silver/blue Blue Fox.
© 24hourcampfire