Home
Posted By: Mark R Dobrenski Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 10/02/12
We're thinking about putting Sea Legs on our pontoon at the lake. Do any of you have experience with this set up? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thx
Dober
Posted By: coyo Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 10/23/12
guess Ive never heard of em,just what are sea legs.
Posted By: fish head Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 10/23/12
I had to look it up.

http://www.sea-legs.com/c-product.htm
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 10/23/12
I may be missing something, but I fail to see the point of them. Pretty expensive gizmo for an "anchor" that works only in five feet of water or less.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 11/16/12
I expect that they serve as a replacement for a boat lift when the boat is docked or not in use. I have not used them but can see where they might be useful in lakes subject to heavy winds and large waves. Wonder what they weigh and how they affect pontoon boat operation.
rflshtr-you're getting the idea. I've seen them in use, they work incredibly well from what I can tell.

IMO and IME their reason for existence is more so for docking not anchoring....

Dober
Posted By: noduck Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 11/18/12
I have them and they work great... Our beach area is hilly and didnt want to deal with a lift.... They weigh about 300 pounds..
Awesome in big waves and wind had 70 mph during a storm big rollers coming in.. I ran down there to check on pontoon no problems very solid......
I know some guys use them for pulling up to sandbars, let the kids swim and what not..

The only thing I wish the leggs came up and down a little faster..
Hope this helps...
Thx Noduck appreciate it

Dober
Posted By: boatboy Re: Sea Legs 4 a Pontoon? - 11/22/12
Hey Mark

I cant tell you everything about these but I deal with dealers who sell these they seem to be dependable and in the right situation they work very well

If you have researched your situation I am sure you would be happy
Hank
© 24hourcampfire