Home
Posted By: 43Shooter "Beetle Spins" - 05/15/17
I hadn't used one in a long time and forgot what a versatile lure they are. Last week I was bass fishing a rocky cove with a lot of weeds about four feet under the surface. Surface lures weren't working but a 1/8th oz beetle spin slow retrieved over the weeds did for three 15'/16" spotted bass. Going back to the dock I slow trolled it and got two more about the same size. Has anyone had much luck with bigger bass using these? I'm thinking they might work fished deep when it gets hot.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/15/17
yep a Roadrunner will work better deep
Posted By: Calhoun Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/15/17
Used one a year or so ago, had really good luck. Caught a 20" bass and a few other nice ones with a yellow 1/8oz, as well as bluegill and crappie. Dang.. now I'm gonna have to rig it back up. Might get a chance to try it again tonight.
Posted By: TomM1 Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/15/17
Grabbed a few last spring after not using one for a long time. Perfect lure for kids, will catch a hungry bluegill, crappie, bass, pickerell, just about anything. Just throw and retrieve.

& cheap, cause they might throw a few in the trees...
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/16/17
I use them a lot fishing in small ponds and small lakes.My fishing buddy always uses A roadrunner Crappie thunder.. Most days he catches more crappie. I usually catch more bream and bass. We have both caught 4 and 5 pound bass on them. I caught a 14 pound channel cat on a beetle spin a couple of years ago.
Posted By: AFTERUM Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/16/17
I have taken the spinner off and just used the beetle....1/64th I think it was....for bedding bream.....they will not let
it go by the nest without smacking it.....lots of ultra light fun.....
Posted By: LouisB Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/19/17
Beetle Spins, especially the catalpa and black and orange are my "go to" list
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: "Beetle Spins" - 05/19/17
sometimes we will put a cricket on the hook behind the grub... IRRESISTIBLE
© 24hourcampfire