Home
I was using an ultralight rig with 6 pound test and a small gold spoon. On the 4th cast caught this striper. The battle lasted an hour and we ended up drifting about 1 mile down river before we had our first chance to net him. Thought for sure the line was going to break because I had as much pressure on him as I dared. Caught three small cats but still no skipjack. Didnt weigh it because wanted to get it back in the water as soon as possible. My guess is mid to upper 20's.

Attached picture small.jpg
Nice fish. I was bass fishing in my kayak using a small plastic crawdad and caught a 33" blue cat! That was a fight.
NICE fish.
Thanx for putting it back
Wow! So I wonder what the line record is..........that's a mighty UL catch! Congrats, would love to have seen the Catfish that eats that bait smile
I could not of landed it from shore. Plus the Ulterra trolling motor made it easy by moving the boat in any direction I wanted by using the remote carried around my neck.
Yes really big fish are best played from a boat indeed. Lost some Big Cats from the bank.
© 24hourcampfire