Home
Posted By: seal_billy Spoon feed panfish? - 06/25/17
Any of you guys fish spoons for deep panfish in the summer? I'm talking mainly sunfish.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 06/25/17
We used to catch a bunch when jigging for walleyes in summer. Big bluegills.

No reason they wouldn't work, maybe tip them with a small piece of night crawler
Posted By: powdr Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 06/25/17
Get yourself some of those colored dividers used to separate business files. Find a hole punch and punch out some in different colors. Yellow(chartreuse), red, blue and green. Make another small hole in the freshly punched circles and thread it on to one of the hooks of your spoon Make the hole large enough so the tab will float freely on the spoon but not come off. Works great for deep bream. powdr
Posted By: TheKid Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 06/26/17
I have been jigging a tiny DickNite kokanee spoon with piece of worm on it for catching bluegill to use as bait for catfish. Works really well.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 06/26/17
When big bluegills go deep, a small gold spoon with a 1" Gulp minnow is very effective. Replace the treble with a small Siwash-style single hook about #6.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 06/27/17
Small Super Dupers in both gold and silver have worked for me.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 07/02/17
Bill Modica style. I have fish a 1" gulp minnow, will absolutely smoke the gills on a tiny jighead. Gonna try it on a #2 swedish pimple.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Spoon feed panfish? - 07/02/17
Thank you gentlemen.
© 24hourcampfire