Home
Posted By: wabigoon Shoes While Fishing? - 07/23/17
What do you like to wear in the boat? An old family friend could swim like a fish, he wore slip on rubber overshoes in a boat. He had to swim for it once, and his leather boots were enough, he did not wear them again in a boat.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/24/17
An old pair of ragged sneakers. (Merrels) Loosely laced and easy to kick off. 12ft fishin aluminum boat, elect trolling, and 9.8 Tohatsu. The Merrels stay in the car to add to the fresh air aroma on hot days 'till I start unloading the boat.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/24/17
90% of the time, my shoes come off when I'm in my boat...
Originally Posted by Rug3
An old pair of ragged sneakers. (Merrels) Loosely laced and easy to kick off. 12ft fishin aluminum boat, elect trolling, and 9.8 Tohatsu. The Merrels stay in the car to add to the fresh air aroma on hot days 'till I start unloading the boat.

This!
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/25/17
Barefoot or flip flops in summer. Tennis shoes in spring and fall and the warmest boots I can find in winter.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/25/17
Crocs
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/25/17
Thanks men, the trouble with rubber Wellingtons is , they can be hot. A bit of ankle support is nice if I want to get out of the boat, and climb a rock shore, like there are many of in Ontario.
I fish about every day in my Lund fishing boat and I wear some cheap knee high rubber barn boots to launch. Once in the boat I pull out an old pair of crocs which stay in the boat. When I take the boat out I slip on some hip boots which stay in the back of the truck since normally I have to get into the water to get it back on the trailer.
Posted By: JDK Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/25/17
Depending on time of year, I wear everything from knee high rubber boots to sandals.
Posted By: walt501 Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/25/17
Something you can kick off if you land in the lake. For me, that's Beans rubber bottomed moccasins in summer. For cooler fall temps, I switch to Sorels that are only laced and tied half way up. They're warm and you can still kick them off if you have to.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/26/17
Casting for salmon or just bottom fishing- bare foot usually if it's warm, Puma classics if not.

Running down riggers - old puma classics.

Offshore - Xtra tuffs or the Pumas.

The pumas grip well on most any deck, super comfy, and don't leave a mark. Off shore or pulling gear with others around, I like the protection of the Xtratuffs.

Just enjoying the water or tossing some bait, barefoot is great.
Posted By: kingston Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 07/26/17
Crocs, Grundens Boots or Muck Boots
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 08/05/17
Rugged Shark Captiva. THE best water/boat shoes I've ever tried. Good traction, good rock protection and comfort, good at keeping debris out, and they weigh about two ounces each. No fears about swimming with them. And under $50. WEBSITE
Posted By: Jonnymac Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 08/22/17
I usually wear Keen sandals in the summer. If I need to walk in the water to load/unload the boat its no big deal and they dry out pretty quickly. They keep your foot strapped in but are open enough to allow airflow and the soles are similar to a hiking boot so you get good traction. I think I got mine on sale for about $40 at Cabela's 2 years ago.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Shoes While Fishing? - 08/30/17
Wear these and love them for boat and fishing

http://www.softscience.com/mens/fishing/fin2.html
© 24hourcampfire