Home
Posted By: Jeff_O Crestliner? - 09/19/17
My search for my first powerboat continues. A couple mid-80's Crestliners, a 17' and a 18', have been for sale locally; my research says they are a well-respected welded hull and generally solid boat. But we don't see many around here. One I'm interested in is a fairly utilitarian 17' open bow fishing boat setup- which is what I'm after here- with an outboard, which is also what I want. Looks pretty dang comparable in hull shape and basic interior design to the uber-popular "aluminum " fishing boats around here, but much cheaper.

Thinking they might be a bit of a sleeper in my AO in terms of value for the functionality.....

Any experiences, positive or negative, are much appreciated! Especially as relates to the hull, since motors vary so much.
Posted By: powdr Re: Crestliner? - 09/19/17
Jeff, if you look at the way they're finished you'll know why they're cheaper. I'd buy the Fisher way before a Crestliner. powdr
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Crestliner? - 09/23/17
Crestliners and their welded hulls are the class boats on the great lakes...Fishers are cheap....
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Crestliner? - 09/24/17
Going to look at the 17' boat in the next week.

Lot of boats hitting the market on CL right now. Missed an 18' late 80's Alumnacraft (I think) sled with a good 65 Johnson for $750.... ouch.
Posted By: powdr Re: Crestliner? - 09/24/17
Sarge, anything that floats can make it on the great lakes if a man has common sense. Crestliner is near a curse word in the south. Put one of those on stump ridden lakes like Sam Raborn, Livingston, or Toledo Bend and they won't last six months. One of the most popular for shallow water here are the Fisher's and most are still going after many years. Plus not many people want a run a bout type fishing boat...too much wasted space. Buy what you want just don't try to sell that crap to me. powdr
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Crestliner? - 09/24/17
If you think that anything that floats can make it on the great lakes is valid I can assure you that that is not the case...
© 24hourcampfire