Home
[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/9RvEpV5PoYc

Due to the hustle of everyday life, it took me a little longer to get my son his first fish than I wanted. We’ve tried a few times over the last year but had been unsuccessful thus far to a variety of reasons like the time he hooked one, got it up to the dock then proceeded to try and beat it to death with the tip of his rod while it was still in the water :palm: if that wasn’t enough he got so frustrated he then threw the whole shbang, fish still hooked, into the lake.

I caught my first fish when I was 2 1/2 and I got my (much more patient and astute listening) daughter her first at 2 1/2 also. The sun will not set on any kid of mine’s 3rd birthday without landing a fish wink

So when it dawned on me that his birthday was nearing I didn’t let anything stand in my way. I picked him up early from preschool and we headed to the neatest body of water that had been stocked recently and put the canoe in the water. He was born 6/5/15 at 2:55pm. On 6/5/18 at 2:14pm he landed his first fish. Down to the wire of keeping the streak of first fish before age 3 going! By the end of the day he was recognizing a bite all on his own. Pretty cool to see the anticipation build as he was getting a bite and then turn to excitement when he got a hook in it! He had never touched a spinning reel before that day. It was cool to see him nail it when it come to handling a rod smile

Parenting win in my book. He literally woke up this morning talking about fishing as if he was reliving the day through his dreams!

You may notice the, “It’s a boy!” pin I’m wearing. No I didn’t have another son on the same day. That pin was given to my dad, by the hospital when I was born, who wore it religiously every year on my birthday. when I had a son of my own, he passed it down to me to keep the tradition alive smile

My apologies for the lack of production on the video. It’s way easier to copy and paste a YouTube link than up load/text individual video clips to everyone.

Thanks for looking
Looks like a lot of fun and some great memories made.
Just saw this in the Kids @ the Campfire forum.

Thumbs up !
Pics like that can give you heart that America is still Ok.
Congratulations to your son and proud dad. My younger son was that age when he hooked and landed his first fish. About 8" trout, he stood there and and actually pumped the rod up and down without any help from me. After he landed the trout I decided to keep it for supper and whacked it on the head on a nearby rock. As I was baiting the hook for him to try again I heard a splash and my son says "back in water". He had tossed the dead fish back like had seen me do countless times. Will never let him forget that, it was priceless (did recover the fish).
Any boy that eats his cookie with fish slime on his hands is going to be a fisherman. powdr
Yep, definitely thumbs up!
Very nice, congrats! The journey has officially begun. smile
Congrats
Thank you for reminding me of my own father.
He took me fishing very young also.
Ruined me for life
© 24hourcampfire