Home
I've seen a lot of favorable internet reviews on these so thought I'd try one. It's a top rated seller on Amazon so I got one from them. Figured I'd get my money back easy enough if it was no good. I don't know how long it will last but after a couple of trips and several fish it's worked great. It's lightwt. with the adjustments and casting and retrieving performance of much higher priced reels I own. I'm not getting rid of my other baitcasters but so far the "KastKing" seems more than worth the money.
how about a picture?
Amazon and other websites have some good photos.
[Linked Image]

Of course they're twice that price on Amazon.ca frown

Ted
Just read the review on Tackle Test. They offer it in left- or right-hand retrieve, and 7.0 or 5.3 retrieve ratio.

Ordered one in left and 7.0. I needed a crankbait outfit, and had a rod for it anyway.
Good review. He's right about maxing out the brakes.
And the reel handle is even on the correct side in the picture.
Amazon says my reel should arrive tomorrow. (Not bad considering I ordered it on July 4th, and it didn't ship until yesterday.)

I'll post a first impressions review soonest.
Got it July 9. Following the suggestions of the reviewer on Tackle Test, I removed the sideplate and set the centrifugal brake to max. I also added a drop of oil to the spool tension control.

It feels pretty smooth, and it took me only a few minutes to spool up with 20# Suffix braid. I have it on a medium action 6'-6" crankbait rod. So far, it looks, feels, and handles like a much more expensive reel. Hope to take it fishing soon.
Rocky, where are you going and what are you trying for ? wipers ? tiger muskies @ PV ? Sounds fun.
© 24hourcampfire