Home
Posted By: RickcNY Walleye tactics ? - 07/09/18
Just wondering what others are using this time of year on busy lakes for Walleyes ,crawler harnesses are producing pan fish and bass but no walleyes ,haven't fished this lake in a few years but used to do well on the same
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
Every lake is different, same lake can be different at different times. I caught a 8, to 9 pounder, 27 inches long with a white spinner single hook, minnow. Keep trying until something works.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
This time of year, I like to troll the weed edges near points and drop offs. You can cover more water, and it usually pays off.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
2/3rds of a large crawler threaded on a slow death hook with 1 and 1/2 oz bottom bouncers in 14-18 feet trolling at 1 mph has worked for lots of walleyes the last two times I have been out in west central MN
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
Tell me about "slow death hook" I'm unfamiliar with that
Yes that's where we're fishing
Just picked up some leeches ,never fished them before but I've heard good things going to give it a try ,anything I need to feed them to keep them healthy till used ?
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
Originally Posted by RickcNY
Just picked up some leeches ,never fished them before but I've heard good things going to give it a try ,anything I need to feed them to keep them healthy till used ?

Be sure to add ice to your leach bucket to keep your leaches lively.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by RickcNY

Be sure to add ice to your leach bucket to keep your leaches lively.

Tried ice in the minnow buckets but found the chlorine in the ice killed the minnows. Frozen bottles of water kept the water cool and if your thirsty, there it is. Don't know if chlorine will effect leeches.
Posted By: rflshtr Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/10/18
The slow death style hooks have a bend in the shank that cause the crawler to spin in a small circle and seem to trigger the walleye's. Google "slow death hooks" to get pictures and articles on the technique
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/11/18
Will do ,thanks
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Walleye tactics ? - 07/11/18
Good luck with the fishing, do me a big favor, be sure to wear a PFD on the water! Things can happen, live to fish another day.
Well said
Well said
© 24hourcampfire