Home
Posted By: Roystu Slabs on Fire - 01/28/19
The Crappie have turned on here in SE Louisiana. We caught 126 nice fish the last two days. Should be awesome fishing for the next month
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/28/19
Sounds like a good time, pictures?
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/28/19
Glad to hear you found crappies schooled up, our water is till very hard up north.
Posted By: powdr Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/28/19
Roy, yall catching them in the timber along the creek channels? powdr
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/29/19
They are moving up on the bank. They are chock full of eggs
Posted By: powdr Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/29/19
Kinda early ain't it? powdr
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/29/19
Suffering same here................

[Linked Image]
Yeah they are early. Usually it would be mid Feb. I'm taking full advantage though. Gonna go again Friday. It suppose to get up in the seventies. As you probably know, they can shut off like a light switch.
I think I got it here

[img]https://[URL=http://s1339.phot...16/Roystu/IMG_3553_zpsmmfrbgbl.jpg[/img]/albums/o716/Roystu/imagejpeg_0_zpsqmfvd8wh.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/29/19
Good deal. I am surprised they are up on the bank already! We are just thinking of getting started here, but I have heard some positive reports.
I'm sure this cold front is going to set them back again. I'm going to go again Friday. Hopefully they will cooperate . Nothing I like better than getting into a mess of them. I'm almost set for the year I have 11 bags frozen.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/30/19
Jig? Colors?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/30/19
8 degrees here in southern Missouri. Won't really think of crappie fishing until April/early March.
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/30/19
They haven't had much of a color preference. I caught most of mine on a white 1/8 oz head and a blue and silver tail. My brother in law used a black and chartreuse joker. They seemed to hit both equally. He went today and picked up 30 more. For those interested the link is the tail I used.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/31/19
Toledo Bend?
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/31/19
Tchefuncta River near Madisonville
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/31/19
Had to look up the Tchefuncta River smile Looks great in the photos. Any flooding down that way right now? Most of the rivers up here are backed up.
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 01/31/19
No flooding right now. Thank God!
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 02/01/19
Went to Lake Ramsey today final tally 64. One real nice about 1.5 lbs

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 02/09/19
They turn off as quickly as they turned on . Made two trips this week and caught 11 Tuesday and 6 Wednesday. Had to work hard for we we got.
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Slabs on Fire - 02/10/19
Man, you got me all fired up. Went last Wednesday. Two of us throwing every jig color in the box. Nada. Picked up about half dozen bass. Females had eggs.
Posted By: Roystu Re: Slabs on Fire - 02/10/19
Every Sacalait we caught was full of eggs. I'm just puzzled on how they just shut down. Thank full that I was able to put some up in the freezer!
© 24hourcampfire